Online petition - Please take some time to read.

DirtyDT
This post is 3422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is another on line petition. It does not involve a motorcyclist however, we are more at risk when riding to injurys caused by the stupidity of others. Please have a read and, if you would like to support it, take a few minutes to sign it.

http://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-introduce-a-new-offence-of-causing-serious-injury-by-careless-driving-to-the-law

Many thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my father in law got killed by a trucker and he got, well, a day in court and allowed to continue to drive with a slapped wrist.

this may or may not help seeing as 2 year diving ban was mandatory ( clearly it wasn't in my case)

Signed, I hope it makes a difference but at the end of the day the law is what it is, so this poor girl and her parents will not benefit by it, but others will maybe feel some redress for the injuries that careless drivers cause.

Signed, hopfully something will come of it but as per the norm with these things if its not a pertition to boost the MP's wages and retierment piggy bank they aint interested

As I have no Idea about your laws that one makes no sence should be the same as the above laws. Hope it gets passed.

Here ,,Hit someone and well forget about driving for quite awhile. Even if you dont go to jail.

The cops here wouldn't charge you with anything less than impriosment type charges and the list would be large of offences

,disreguard for human life would be on the list,

lack of care and control,

failure to obey traffict sign,

failure to give right of way,

crossing a intersection with out ringing a bell could even be added,, and the list could go on,

If you hit a pedestrion you would not walk away with a few pionts on your licence.They would take 2 points here and 3 there an 5 there and by the time they were done you wouldn't have any.

And if you got off without jail time it would cost you large,to the point that you probably wouldn't be able to afford insurance.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online