Carb types?

slice
This post is 3439 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok Peeps just a quick question. I have Mikuni carbs on my FJ, now I thought as it was winter and I usually take the bike apart and check stuff that this year it was the turn of the carbs to get a through cleaning and refurb, so I took them apart and, long story short, I f++ked one of the carbs, (Bugger!!) anyway I have a spare set so not a major drama but now I have a set of 3 instead of a set of 4 so can anyone tell me what actual carbs fit my bike? I mean can I buy a single Mikuni carb and convert it using the jets and stuff from the broken one to make it the same as the one I screwed? Is there a number on the carb body that tells me what model carb it is? or how do I identify a replacement without buying one that is different inside to mine? Any advice gratefully received as I am completely stumped in what model carb body to try and get hold of.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep as drewps said normaly that info is in the manual,not always but 1 of the carbs will be stamped in small alfa numerical code just above the float bowl also.

Ok thanks lads will try that, foamy has sold his carbs I think so probably not a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

I f++ked one of the carbs,f.

Dirty bastard!...

i've got another set of 1200 carbs aswell, was going to use them on my FJ1100 but thats not going to happen within the next few months, by which time i will have found another donor im sure.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online