XT 350 engine rebuild

Uncle Buck
This post is 3432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Looking to pull out the engine on my 1986 XT 350 early next year and renew the piston, rings etc. I've ordered full gasket set and valve stem oil seals. What other parts do I need or are worth changing while the engine is out of the bike? Any advise would be gratefully received. Thanks Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye steve,,, thers no small end bearing , so if thers play on the rod , you"l need the Kit,,,,,We have an XT expert on here Tommy 10bike.

He"ll chime in soon with info,,, :yeah:

Aye steve,,, thers no small end bearing , so if thers play on the rod , you"l need the Kit,,,,,We have an XT expert on here Tommy 10bike.

He"ll chime in soon with info,,, :yeah:

Dont drag me into it :spin2: , im a virgin when it comes to 350 as its one of the XT's i havent had, if its the same design as the 600

then yes the rod has worn and will need a full rebuild. XT motor is simple to work on as long as you have the tools and its best

to do what your doing in buying bits as you go on, clutch plates, cam chain,internal bearings if the moror has a full strip as well

as oil pump parts, there will be a long list but you wont know exactly what you need until its in bits.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online