1987 DT125E

ETR174
This post is 3450 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok kicked it over and she runs! Only one problem, because I have the pod filter the pilot is too small and it is a pain to start and it stalls out after a quick rev. I will buy the stock filter and put that back on but what size is the stock pilot? If it is a 25 I have a 27.5 for my Banshee that might work.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So I couldn't find my extra 25 but I did find out that the pilot was clogged a bit. I unclogged it and put it in the bike and it fired up first kick. Doesn't like to idle and the air screw is 1 turn out and it acts lean because when I put the choke on it was fine. Being a moron I rode it around my backyard for a minute and it was kinda sloppy but I stopped and saw that the exhaust right by the cylinder was steaming so I immediately shut it off. I am off to the local power sports shop to see if they have a 25 and possibly look for a 27.5

Ok so I got it running very good with a 25 pilot. I can go from idle to wot without bog. However the pipes is steaming right at the cylinder after a couple of minutes of riding.

There is gas on it thats why. It have a digital temperature gauge and it measured 350°F (177°C) where it was steaming, is that normal? The head and cylinder measured 110°F (43°C).

Ok still. I put the fender piece back on the right side and it acted lean so I took it back off and it was fine. I know that she has the potential to run so I'll see about getting a UNI element for the stock airbox and a 120 main jet. I'll put the 25 back in my Shee and run the stock 22.5.

Ok so I got her running a few days ago with the stock 22.5 pilot and 150 main on the 4" filter. I went and picked up a stock 120 main from the local Powersports shop and she's golden. Thank you guys so much for your help, I appreciate it!

• Like 1