1987 DT125E

ETR174
This post is 3458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok thanks. I took the plug out and nothing so I will keep the plug out anyways. Turns out that the plug was a few threads off from being tight so no wonder why it was easy to kick over.

I just put the plug in and its harder again so it was just the plug being loose. Either that or my imagination. I can comp test it again. Also I am in Michigan and it is almost 4pm so maybe wait until 8? I accidentally left the gas on between that time we didn't talk and no gas in the bottom end.

So I got impatient and tried to see what else is up so I took the flywheel off and sprayed it all down with pressurized air from a compressor. I then put the plug on the plug boot, grounded the plug to a fin on the head and kicked it to see if I had spark and it turns out I don't. I tried my new NGK and the old ND plug both without spark. I have the flywheel case off and I saw spark within the stator. Is that stator supposed to spark and should I try another new plug? The NGK had some fuel but I blew into it and got the gas out.

Sorry I'm a moron. There are two different sized screws holding the stator one, one screw popped out and it has a wire with an eyelid on it. That must explain the sparking and why there is no spark. I will check in a moment.

Yeah I did. I know about the flywheel (I did timing advancement on my Banshee). I am putting it back on really quick and I all kick over to see if there is spark

Spark has been found! After putting the screw in it still sparked at the stator. I took it all out and cleaned it with paper towel and a good strong blue spark! Before I would have to kick hard for it spark blue once and it would just come and go in a split second. Now it sparks the entire time the crank if moving so I think I fixed a problem!