1987 DT125E

ETR174
This post is 3458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry for the long waited response but it turns out that the brass tube for the overflow was split by the base. I took a solder gun and filled it with solder. I have everything set up and no leaks. Haven't started it yet, I'm eating dinner real quick.

• Like 2

Ok so I got it running for about 30 seconds and then it shut off. I noticed that the carb was leaking fuel out the overflow. I adjusted the float and now it wont start and its not leaking gas out the overflow but instead the vent on the side.

Ok so I got it running for about 30 seconds and then it shut off. I noticed that the carb was leaking fuel out the overflow. I adjusted the float and now it wont start and its not leaking gas out the overflow but instead the vent on the side.

I'm baffled now, a few posts ago you said you filled the overflow with solder...so no active overflow then?

Yeah there was a leak at the base and I filled it. I think it may have gotten clogged from the solder and the floats aren't set correctly so I will check.

I got it, it was just a little chunk of solder. I stuck a pick down the tube and its cleared out now. I reset the floats and no gas out anywhere. I will start her in a minute.

Ughhh I think its a full motor rebuild time. Gas was leaking out the flywheel cover. I removed the flywheel and stator and there is a little gas left but it was pouring it out bad.

Ughhh I think its a full motor rebuild time. Gas was leaking out the flywheel cover. I removed the flywheel and stator and there is a little gas left but it was pouring it out bad.

Bugger " you"ve filled the crankcase with fuel,, take out the spark plug and kick over , do not kick over with plug in,,, :eusa_doh:

Bugger " you"ve filled the crankcase with fuel,, take out the spark plug and kick over , do not kick over with plug in,,, :eusa_doh:

Ok, could that stop from it starting?

Yip, you could bend the conrod, [ hydrolock] .this is the result of the blocked overflow, the fuel has been as high as its ran thru carb into cases,,,, you should see fuel squirt out plug hole,[ when kicked over], leave it for a night - dry plug and should start ,,

• Like 1

you're rushing this youve had too many issues and its time to slow down in my opinion, take the plug out with the ignition off, and shove the bike around in 3rd gear to expel the fuel from the casing. Leave the plug out overnight for the rest to evaporate.

Ok thanks guys. Sorry I'm 16 and don't know too much about these engines. I have a Banshee and I have learned a lot of good things from it that helps me with this DT.