Engine casing, Yamaha XJ900F (1992)

celerybob
This post is 3360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, wondering if anyone can please help me. My Yamaha XJ900F (1992) slipped from my grip the other day and rolled onto its right side, cracking the crankshaft end cover into three, emptying all the engine oil. Needless to say I wasn't too happy. I'm trying to hunt down a replacement part, and so far have only found what I need in Holland - which will cost be rather costly to post.

Does anyone know of a supplier that might make these? I usually find what I need at WeMoto but not this time it seems. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for you help everyone - very impressed with your ebay search skills DutchFJ1200! Here's the part I found in a parts store in Holland after a Google images search for 'Yamaha XJ900F engine casing':

http://www.motorsloop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=208_209_444&products_id=50556&zenid=u0qsetsh6t580hg9tgcknpql70

Have contacted the seller in the first link you sent me, so thanks for that.

PS Is that your FJ1200 in the picture? It looks great. Is it even heavier than the XJ900??

My pleasure and part of the service. Yes the FJ is a pretty heavy lump. Actually have it exactly a year to the day now and starting to 'throw' it around a bit, good fun.

Thanks for you help everyone - very impressed with your ebay search skills DutchFJ1200! Here's the part I found in a parts store in Holland after a Google images search for 'Yamaha XJ900F engine casing':

http://www.motorsloop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=208_209_444&products_id=50556&zenid=u0qsetsh6t580hg9tgcknpql70

Have contacted the seller in the first link you sent me, so thanks for that.

Yup had a look at this Cloggie breakers website : 19Eur + 12.50Eur shipping...... robbing barstuards. Still only 25 quid or thereabouts posted. If your not getting anywhere let me know and I can sort thru my cloggie bank account and we'll sort something out.

Yup had a look at this Cloggie breakers website : 19Eur + 12.50Eur shipping...... robbing barstuards. Still only 25 quid or thereabouts posted. If your not getting anywhere let me know and I can sort thru my cloggie bank account and we'll sort something out.

Much appreciated. I've now found the part on another UK-based breakers website - not very pretty, but it'll do the job.

Enjoy the FJ... don't let it slip from your grip when parking, or you'll have the some troubles as me!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for sharing all your info. I recently used Motorsloop for the very same thing... thanks to you. I now have the right side engine casing on its way. Fedex no less. Terribly exciting......