Sr125 1997

pignapper
This post is 3214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks Will do. I think ive found the little rascal though. Cut out switch wire that goes to the cut out relay. It has a break some where so will just pull a new on through and then fingers crossed.

stay safe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had the same issue with my boys XV535. I disconnected all wiring in the headlamp (taking plenty of phots for reassembly) and started stripping back the harness. Luckily I found the broken wire just where the loom goes through the headstock. A quick repair, some self amalgamating tape and away we went. Still good after 2 years

• 2 weeks later...

d30460add4c76a4fd1d5f2bf1fcc5638.jpg

Well guys its done......

Aside from finding decals im happy with for the tank its all finished. Sorted the electrics with a rewire. A couple of leaks sorted and a top tip for any newbies when setting valves clearances. As you will read, top dead centre must be found and on a four stroke that happens twice. When setting the valves you do it on the combustion stroke not the power stroke as i did yesterday. Fired up the bike and it sounded like a sewing machine. Did a bit of reading and felt stupid. Reset today and now sweet as a nut.

Ill post the link that i read that really helped me when i find it.

A BIG thankyou to all for your help and support. Who knows i may get another project but for now an MOT and im away. Who knows we may meet on a day out.

Stay safe and speak soon.

stay safe

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. A little help please. Bike runnibg sweet as a nut but suffering a saggy and loose centre stand. Also foot brake not fully returning. When i looked underneath the centre stand spring top mount is bent downwards taking tension out of spring and fouling the footbrake return spring. Question is can i weld a new peg on there.