Sr125 1997

pignapper
This post is 3235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Id just clearcote that tank as it is!

kind of like the "fordite". :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Morning all. The sun is out so a good day for a ride.

I was playing on the internet last night and came across a GOV website to check previous MOT's so i punched in the bikes details and POW the previous owner has altered the clock. My clock says 31600mls. The last MOT on the website says 61460mls. Now i know that the bike is solid due to the rebuild but where do i stand legally. When i put the bike in for MOT i dont want to get in bother. Do i report it to DVLA ?.

No problem with the mileage being changed as long as you don't guarantee that the mileage is genuine when you sell it, I just had the FJ done a couple days ago and it has a new clock set due to a broken spring in the speedo, gone from 65K to 22K but I will tell the next owner that the thing has been changed, I don't like being ripped off so why would I do it to others? As to legality regarding the Previous owner you have to PROVE that he/she knew the mileage was wrong and they told you it was the correct mileage, did you get all that in writing cos if not your dead in the water as far as the law is concerned CAVEAT EMPTOR is the name of the game I'm afraid (let the buyer beware).

No you won't be done for "clocking" it's only if you try to sell it with GENUINE mileage, which it's not, that you can be done for that, the MOT is about safety not legality so they don't care what it says on the clock just that it all works.

By the way Thanks for the heads up on the MOT . GOV thing just done my bike and printed out the genuine list of past MOT's for the next owner as like you it's nice to have the genuine details when you buy or sell a machine.

Thanks blackhat its the milage thats been altered the little beggers.

the link I put up only gives latest MOT. this one gives full history. Including reasons for a refused MOT and any advisorys. Mine was quite interesting.

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

Hey guys and gals. Aside from putting fuel in and starting her up, I think she's ready's for MOT.

Il put pics on later. Spread the word, on ebay, gumtree and preloved ive got an ad for all left over parts even a bottom engine. Thats not on there yet.

Hi guys. Well im sat here smiling away. She has fired up. Ticks over nicely. Only a couple of issues. I hadnt tightned a bolt fully so oil came spraying out. Spilt petrol on the tank and its took the laquer off and when i turn the bars she cuts out so loose connection somewhere. But aside from all that. She runs. Yahooo. Tried to post a vid but tapatalk shuts down everytime i try.

stay safe

Bugger that wi the fuel tank,, it cant be petrol resistant clear coat , And that might be wire cut at headlight / no rubber grommet on hole, :eusa_think:

Yeh ill have a look at the wiring tomorrow. Ran out of time today thanks to waking up to an inch of snow this morning. The tank has pissed me off a bit ill just re do it and be more careful about which laquer i use. [emoji35]

stay safe

you need two pack, but its cianide too, so spray carefully and with respitory gear or get someone to do it for you