Sr125 1997

pignapper
This post is 3214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok. No laughing but i found the problem. The 5 bulbs that go in the binicle were in the wrong order. How stupid do i feel.

Ok only i prob now. When i push the start button nothing happens. No movement no sound. Any ideas guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip. Get/read a manual and check the wiring

If you dont have one let me know and I'll take a picture of the wiring and post it on here

Is the side stand switch connected up,

The PO probably joined the wires, but you may have disturbed them when you pulled it apart for painting

Hi guys, checked all the connections and swopped the wires over on the starter relay and....... wayhay it turned over.

Bad news was that after putting laquer on the tank it crazed so had to strip it again. Never mind rome wasnt built in a day. Nice and sunny today too. One of the side panels has a damaged lug clip so will have think of a way to fabricate a repair. Any ideas guys and gals.

Stay safe

Well done...As I say look at your manual.

Is the lug still attached, or do you still have it. If so, cut a small v into the crack and using a tiewrap and a soldering bolt fill the v with tiewrap weld

http://www.classicbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=321

• Like 1

Top article that jimmy. Given me some good tips. Dont have the snapped off bit so was thinking of making a mould from the lug on the other side panel then using tie wraps, melt them into the mould to form the bit needed then ill weld it on like in that article. Worth a go. Thanks again.

I've made lugs with Plastec. You get this silicone putty which when cold is hard, heat it up with boiling water and make a mould from the opposite number. transfer to the broken side and use the powder plastec stuff and let it set. simples