just joined saying hello

pignapper
This post is 3461 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, just saying hi and introduce myself.

After many years of car driving I have decided to finally give in to my inner teenager and get a bike. Bought myself an sr125 in quite a poor state. Will post pic. And have decided to restore it to former glory. It is now down to just frame, forks and loom with the engine stripped on the bench. So over the coming months, (no sense in rushing it over the winter) I would like to share the project with my new friends on here and share my experience. Glad of any tips or hints.

ok here what ive done so far. Stripped bike to fame, engine out and stripped, wheels, seat, mud guards, lights, tank all off. Caseings all shined up.

parts being ordered this week.

Piston and rings, full gasket set, new fairings, front mud guard, head bolts, new starter motor, sump plug. There maybe more but forgotten at the moment.

thats all for now, ill keep you all updated and pics too.

Ride safe

pignapper

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: Post your progress in the projects section. And remember we like lots of pics.
  • Like 1

Hi piggy" that's a bargain , glad you"ve taken the plunge into biking,, few SR owners on here ,to keep you on track :welcome:

Welcome....new to here too and already had some good advice from some of the stalwarts.....enjoy :-)

:welcome: post in projects please :)

not far from Ashton powder coat, the best coaters I've found up to now

:wavey: welcome aboard!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online