YZF 250 height

BillyBennett
This post is 3466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening, I've recently purchased a 2013 YZF 250, brilliant bike, can not fault it. A few friends have told me that my bike seems small compared to their 250's, I took no notice of it until tonight, I had nothing better to do so I decided d get the tape measure out and take a measurement for myself, my seat height turnt out to be 36 1/2 inches and my ground clearance was around 12 inches. I done some research over the Internet to find the stock 2013 YZF 250 should be 39 inches as the seat height and 14 inch ground clearance, correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I found. I measured the ground clearance by myself so it's not bang on accurate. Anybody know how to raise the height of my 250? Much appreciated. Billy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye billy, the forks " have they been slipped thru the clamps,[ lowered] that's a usual mod to lower a bike, and 39inch :icon_eek:

you must be a giraffe :chair:

They would have had to change the link in the lower part of the shock to get it that low,you will need the stock one to get the ride height back in the rear.The front they could have changed the springs/cut the springs. Or just slid them up.

Your best to contact the last owner and ask them what they did and if they still have the stock rear link.

Thanks for the responses Dt and blackhat. How would I go about getting the stock rear link, my situation is the fella I purchased this bike off lives quite away from me, and he had only owned the bike for a few months, and I don't know who the first owner was or is. Could I purchase a stock link?

Yes you can get a stock link from yamaha but you need to fix the front as well,measure the length of the shock and see if it the same length as a stock one then you can at least eliminate spring changes/mods.

The tubes should only come past the top of the tripple clamp by 5mm,if they are more than that then you can probably just move them back. Not 100% sure on the 2013 but the top of the fork has a grove all the way around thats where they should meet the triple clamp.

Edit the stock link has the yamaha part number cast on it so check yours

As I thought more bad news Billy if they did the drop proprely then you will need to change the rear spring as well,when the drop arm is installed you need to increase the spring by @ 10% to make up for the extra leverage.so if you chang it back you will have a realy stiff spring unless you weigh more than 160 lbs as that what the stock spring is set up for rider weight. With 100mm of sag.

Ie if a rider wieghs 140 lbs then a stock spring with the lowering kit works fine,but if a rider weighs 160 lbs then you need a 180 spring with the lowering kit.

Fyi sag is the difference of the bike at rest vs the height when you sit on the bike.

More info to do your head in LOL look on your forks for a information sticker,it wil be a small square sticker with a bunch of hand written info hopfully you have one and the shop that did the work will have a phone number or name and a customer number.

If you have that then you can call them and they will have a record of what was done by the customer #.

The rear spring will have a dot of paint on it to identify what spring weight it is.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online