Yamaha XS250 1978

Unk
This post is 2754 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Unk I have been restoring an xs 250 just seen your post those triple trees on the top of the forks I took mine off, Removed the paint with some 120 grit wet and dry then used 400, then 600 then finished off with 1200 wet and dry then I polished them, They came up a treat very shiny can see my face in them now,

Good luck with the resto project.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 9 months later...

Back in the fold gents....apologies for the suspension of the project but new job took over.......

3 hours ago, Unk said:

Back in the fold gents....apologies for the suspension of the project but new job took over.......

Hows the new job going?

• 7 months later...
On 2/28/2016 at 5:27 PM, drewpy said:

Hows the new job going?

Its been time consuming to be honest but think I am now ready to continue with the project so will be in the garage over the winter (picking your brains no doubt) in an effort to get it finished. I work for a tools and fastenings company based here on the Wirral so nut and bolts no problem :D

Another plus is that I have located an exhaust manufacturer in the UK that does XS250/400 exhausts!!!!! Happy days!

How are you....any projects on the go?   

good thanks, just supercharging the xs but also bought a TDM 850 for a euro jaunt next year.

Look forward to see how you progress

Cheers guys.....a couple of dislocated and broken fingers hasn't helped either....still, onwards and upwards

2 hours ago, Unk said:

Cheers guys.....a couple of dislocated and broken fingers hasn't helped either....still, onwards and upwards

trying to play the piano again and someone shut the key lid down?

• Like 2