dt 125 lc mk 1 carb????

pablo0874
This post is 3420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone , I have nearly finished the complete build of the mk 1 I started nearly three years ago now , it was not a restoration but a complete build after buying a frame not knowing what it was exactly then starting from there with no knowledge of motorcycles and not ever rode one , im getting my licence to ride this though , just wondering if anyone can shed light on a issue I have wiuth the carb I have a mikuni carb but that's all that's written on it no numbers no nothing , the problem I have is that im not quite sure what goes where , there are that many pipes and hoses coming off the damn thing , if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatful , the complete rebuild I will be posting on here when its done , cheers in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just tried uploading a pic but it wont let me cant figure that out , heres a description there are two clear pipes either side running to bottom open , thnere is one pipe sticling straight out the s\ump, then two pipes on one side on the top and one pipe on the opposite side any ideas ???

If you put your picture onto a hosting site (Photobucket for example) then Highlight the img tab,right click on that and choose "Copy".Then come back onto your thread. Start a reply.Right click again and choose"Paste" then the photo should come up.

Long winded way of doing it but it works for me !

The 2 pipes on the side are for coolant to heat the carb they dont actualy let coolant into float bowl ,the largest one into the float bolw is the fuel inlet,the small one on the right side sitting on bike would be the oil pump line. the other 2 are over flow running to the bottom.

Hope that helps.

it would be better if I could get a picture on here because that good description you just gave does not sound like this carb at all , the two pipes running downwards from either side are clear and quite trhin they don't sem like coolant pipes but the three stubs on the top of the carb are quite large for a larger pipe the one protruding from the float bowl is narrow diameeter

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think that's a DT125LC mk1 carb, the id says it's a 3BN00 carb .... That's a DT125R carb, early DTLC didnt have those heater piping spigots

The correct id for a DT125LC mk1 is 10V00

yes I think its definitely of a later dt with the coolant pipes on the top it does work though I got it up and running last week however doesn't run very well pull out the choke and it calms down then gets higher again obviously need settings doing somehow I haven't a clue but I did get it to work just found a leak in the petrol tank at the same time drip drip from I think the seam , any ideas how to sort that ?

"Kreem" or "por" tank sealer will fix you tank leaks easy to do and cost about 60. But untill you sort out the carb why not just use another fuel source would be much safer.

Looking at the pictuers it looks like the coolant heater is rusted through In the last pictuer,if your not using the heater part block them all off.

Pulling the choke on and it idles down means you have a air leak some where. Or have the idle set way to high? try lowwering the slide height via the set screw at 12 o clock in picture 1 back it out 1/8-1/4 turn at a time then see if it will idle right if not.

Possible cracked intake boot between motor and carb,or crank seal on left side of motor are your #1 places to look for air leaks,but if the coolant hoses running through the carb are as rusted as they look then possibly thats your air leak.

EDIT I hope your pictuers are old ones and your not tring to use a carb that has not been cleaned.

Duck me AH you got sharp eyes I had to look 3 x to see the ID numbers and of that I only got 3b~~~?

li

"Kreem" or "por" tank sealer will fix you tank leaks easy to do and cost about 60. But untill you sort out the carb why not just use another fuel source would be much safer.

Looking at the pictuers it looks like the coolant heater is rusted through In the last pictuer,if your not using the heater part block them all off.

Pulling the choke on and it idles down means you have a air leak some where. Or have the idle set way to high? try lowwering the slide height via the set screw at 12 o clock in picture 1 back it out 1/8-1/4 turn at a time then see if it will idle right if not.

Possible cracked intake boot between motor and carb,or crank seal on left side of motor are your #1 places to look for air leaks,but if the coolant hoses running through the carb are as rusted as they look then possibly thats your air leak.

EDIT I hope your pictuers are old ones and your not tring to use a carb that has not been cleaned.

Duck me AH you got sharp eyes I had to look 3 x to see the ID numbers and of that I only got 3b~~~?

like I said im novice to bikes and learning still no the carb has not been cleaned as in picture that's how I run it , so I need to seal the tank then seal the inlets for the coolant cos im not using them as its a mk 1 theres no oil leaks from the crank seal (or would this be the case no oil just air getting in ) ?

The heating jackets run where? and a air leak from rusty rotton one would let air in where?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online