New to biking just bought a 125TZR

Madam Alfa
This post is 3431 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

firstly am very new to biking...only done my CBT last month....never ridden a bike before...am an old fart of 41!! you can laugh I do lol

Collected my 1990 125TZR today....

few questions if I may

runs well till 70mph and 8000rpm but nothing after....quite sure it doesnt have the powervalve fitted

any advice would be great there.

is there any way of finding out what decals it would have been fitted when new?

cheers in advance :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome.

Sorry cant help with your problem. Put a wee bit more about yourself in this thread.

Then I suggest going to Workshop section of the forum and asking there.

Just put details of your bike there.A wee summary of the problem. Maybe some impressions of what it feels like,( Does it feel like the engine doesnt want to rev higher/cant rev higher. Is it stuttering ? etc )

• Like 1

:welcome:

• Like 1

:wavey: welcome aboard!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great choice. They ride differently to 4 strokes. Drop it down a gear and give it more welly before changing up and rev it more in each gear on acceleration.

If you are in "top" and slowing, drop a gear or two and twist the throttle.

Welcome mate! Cracking motors they are, practically know those engines inside and out and they come in a variety of flavours. Unfortunately I'm not on this particular site very much but this is a very good site for information. If you want any help with that particular bike then I can be very helpful. Drop me a private message and I can sort you out with lots of information.

​Good starter bike :D Much better than the 125 four stroke counter part!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online