Dt125r powervalve problem

Dthampton
This post is 3442 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have a problem with my sons bike, the powervalve cap/cover is missing on the right side of the barrel allowing exhaust gases escape and black oil leak, any ideas what the part number is or where I can source one from? It's really bugging me trawling the Internet trying to find even a used one! (3bn engine)

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this is the left side one mate, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-DT-125-Powervalve-Cover-Cap-/321541129540?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4add584544

the right side im not sure, i think mine is just blanking plate and one screw,

you need an O-ring washer gasket in there, (the orange ones in this kit) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-DT125-R-TOP-GASKET-SET-1988-2006-/291065274679?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item43c4d7a137

these are not my items for sale, nor do i endorse them, mearly a guide

mine sprayed oil over barel before i did the washer, where do you have your powervalve set to?

I've sorted it now, it was the right hand side blanking plate, got a second hand one and a new rubber for it.

I've set the power valve up as Haynes manual says (all markings line up) it kicks in around 5.5k and stays on the power up to 10.5k. I'm not sure if this is correct but it feels nice and responsive, I don't like taking it up to 10.5k but it's nice to know you have the power and response there to over take a tractor or slow traffic when you need to. Any power valve tips would be appreciated.....

Yeah my tip would be take it up to 10.5k ;)

Give it some revs it's a 2 stroke! Lol

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online