yam 1968 YR1/Oil delivery(throttle?!) Q

elliott911
This post is 3461 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello friends- i have a technical question.

I have slowly been getting ready for a fire up of my YR1(twin cylinder 350cc)

and i have approached the throttle section- obviously there are two throttles for two carbs but i noticed a third cable connected to the clutch side of the crank case.

for your viewing pleasure, its #30 on the attached schematic

its labeled as, "WIRE PUMP"

can someone please explain this to me? is it for the oil delivery system? if so, i have that system deleted and plan to premix.

if its for some reason transmission fluid- can you please advise?

slightly confused- just curious.

Thank you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One small problem if you have completly removed the pump,you now have nothing to keep the 3rd cable tight and the cables all fit into 1 houseing at 120 degrees apart without any tension on the pump cable the barrel they all fit into can jam and jam the throttle open. either install the pump and remove the gear that drives it or make a new housing that keeps the throttle cables 180 deg apart.Someone used to sell them but I cant remember who.

I suppose you could put a spring in where the pump goes and hook the 3rd cable to it as well but the pump allreay has it and a place to hook the cable

They do if your careful but it still leaves the cables at 120 not 180 I have seen them jam up as the barrel they fit into is not being pulled straight down the splitter and wears the one side till one day it just dosen't return.

I think it was pingle who made the injector cable eliminator splitter

They do if your careful but it still leaves the cables at 120 not 180 I have seen them jam up as the barrel they fit into is not being pulled straight down the splitter and wears the one side till one day it just dosen't return.

I think it was pingle who made the injector cable eliminator splitter

maybe but it would take an awful lot of miles to cause any wear, can you really see a YR1 doing many miles these days...I cant

Probabely not but If he is starting with a old worn one then???? Better to tell him what might happen than to say notin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dudes!! thanks for the informative heads up.. ditched stock cables, eliminated stock cable splitter and third cable.

waiting for a dual carb throttle pull to come in the mail-- updates to follow.. soon.

Hey dudes!! thanks for the informative heads up.. ditched stock cables, eliminated stock cable splitter and third cable.

waiting for a dual carb throttle pull to come in the mail-- updates to follow.. soon.

Thats a new one on me, dual throttles are normally one cable pulling and one pushing to operate the pulley that some carbs are fitted with

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online