The XT goes to a Spanish Castle!

XTreme
This post is 3408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Out early......destination was the Castle in Vélez-Blanco, Almeria!
Riding through Orce.......and then onto Maria crossing into the province of Almeria from Granada!
xt26.jpg
xt27.jpg
Parked up at the foot of the Castle....I was the only one there!
xt25.jpg
And here it is in the background!
xt24.jpg
Now here's the story of the Castle itself! Culture Alert!
Castillo de Vélez-Blanco is located in the municipality of Vélez-Blanco, province of Almería, in the autonomous community of Andalucia, Spain.
It was built by Governor of Murcia, Pedro Fajardo, 1st Marquis of los Vélez, following his appointment as Marqués. He set the headquarters of his new dominion by undertaking the construction of the local castle on the remains of an ancient and important Islamic citadel. It is situated on a hill overlooking the town.
An important aspect of this castle is its huge tower, Torre del Homenaje, which is nearly 20 feet (6.1 m) high, an emblematic element of the castle and a symbol of the power over the dominion.
The stone structure, had wooden stairs, which could be removed in case of danger isolating the upper level as a last defense. There is a proliferation of decorative elements topping its battlements.
The building has been restored in stages during the second half of the 20th century, including the floors of the towers. In 1931, it was listed as a Bien de Interés Cultural monument.
Now some shots!
cast1.jpg
cast2.jpg
cast3.jpg
cast4.jpg
cast5.jpg
cast6.jpg
cast7.jpg
cast8.jpg
cast9.jpg
cast10.jpg
And here's a backdrop of the castle on the way out!
xt28.jpg
Perfect weather....24C and blue skies! And as usual, completely empty roads!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't care that it's 25 deg in Spain and that the roads are empty nor do I care that here it's about 5 degrees and blowing a gale and pissing down with rain !!! Yes I do and that was brilliant mate, really liked the vid as well, not jealous at all (MUCH!!) You lucky bugger. :jossun:

Beautiful!

Brilliant post mate, love the vid and pics, noticed that we share the same birthday but I've got a couple more years on you.

Wish you hadn't made that comment under the last pic as its pissing down here and the roads in Surrey are heaving.

You lucky lucky sod. Enjoy and stay safe.

• Like 1

Brilliant post mate, love the vid and pics, noticed that we share the same birthday but I've got a couple more years on you.

Wish you hadn't made that comment under the last pic as its pissing down here and the roads in Surrey are heaving.

You lucky lucky sod. Enjoy and stay safe.

Cheers....but not a lot of time for getting out and about and having fun.....I'm working every day! I'm not retired......and never will be!

Great post Pete, nice to see you call back in here mate.

Yep were all jealous, we've had a great summer by our recent standards but alas it's over now :(

hey that XT is looking nice how old is it?

Good to see you......thought I'd make a visit.....been a while! As I said earlier I don't get a lot of time these days!

That's a 2000 model....20K on the clocks! But unlike Brit XT's (and I've had a fair few) they don't get ravaged by the climate!

We do get rain, but the difference where I live (3000ft up in the mountains) is the air is very dry.......and salt doesn't get put on the roads!

In fact, I've got a 20 year old Fiesta with not one spot of rust......whereas a Brit one would have disintegrated by now!

Rust on vehicles just doesn't happen where I am! There's old guys with little bikes they bought in the 60's......they've never cleaned them.....but still no rust!

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online