I know I'm getting old but is this just a plain stupid idea?

meatloaf
This post is 3360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A couple of years ago when I reached the ripe old age of 60, my late wife who was a good few years younger than me looked at me with that innocent smile on her face that told me she was about to take the piss, with a straight look on her face she said your old enough now to use the old peoples day center. FFS, anyway I told her that I can't stand bingo or Vera Lynne or any of the crap that they seem to do but if they started selling cheap booze and playing rock music I might consider going.

Just lately I have been tempted to rock up on my reasonably loud cruiser, park next to the mobility scooters give the throttle a blip and walk in just to see what the reaction would be.

Is this just a plain ****ing stupid idea or should I book a one way ticket to Switzerland ?

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I say dont do it, as its just like playing golf! they all dress funny, play with small balls and smell of some strange stuff and even though we take the piss out of them once you go and join in, thats it your stuck with it and you never leave! sort of like the twilight zone.

Just rock up, quick burn out to show them all that they let age beat them and ride off into the setting sun with the biggest grin on your face knowing that growing old is enevitable but growing up is optional

• Like 5

No I'm with Andrew on this, but make sure you have an escape plan.

• Like 1

Go in full bike gear and when the tea and biscuits go round ask for a pint of lighter fluid and a baby's leg to eat. See how long they let you stay.

• Like 1

I checked out the oldies center today, can't park outside it's a 5 minute walk from the car park so my original plan is out the window.

Obriens idea is great but I'm not really built for the part, if only I could grow my hair like I did back in the day and gain a few inches in height then I could maybe look the part but then my daughter in law is a paramedic and if she or one of her mates had to roll up because I'd given some old biddy a heart attack she'd string my balls up.

I'm a bit worried about Andy he wants me to video it !

Noise I've never been accused of having grown up, no way and never will, 18 til I die that's me.

I think I'm gonna chicken out, no twilight zone for me and I don't intend to hang around in any waiting room, I just don't want to end up like some of my mates who have safe little lives, drive safe little cars, listen to radio 4 and watch that fucking dancing program on Saturday nights.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Just a little update, I had to go to the old biddies center that my mother in law uses, rolled up on my bike parked right outside the door gave the throttle a blip and walked in, now my bike is not the loudest around but it isn't quiet but not one of the old buggers even noticed, I think I could have fired a 12 bore and still got no reaction.

Rode off into the sun with a smile on my face thinking poor fuckers

• Like 3

All I can say is you`re as old as you feel..would just like to know where all the youthful pensioners are hanging out.

Here's a friend for you Mc a677eaa1bfbc404cd68dd15a099f406ea7cbd18a

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online