1993 xt600ee wheels

rich.xt600
This post is 3462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you can try the square ones but i hear they ride like crap,,LOL what do you want to do SM it or what?

sorry to hijack the post but, if i wanted to put supermoto wheels on the DR650. could i get a 17 inch rim and spokes put onto the original hubs?

i have no idea how this stuff works :eusa_think:

sorry to hijack the post but, if i wanted to put supermoto wheels on the DR650. could i get a 17 inch rim and spokes put onto the original hubs?

i have no idea how this stuff works :eusa_think:

Yes. You just need to make sure the width of the new tyre doesn't foul anything - swingarm and chain on the rear and forks speedo etc on the front. It the front has a 21 inch wheel then you might want to drop the rim size on the rear by the same or lower the rear by 2 inches some other way. Last time I had rims and spokes fitted it cost a little over £500 the pair including tyres, tubes. bearings and seals. That was stainless rims and spokes. They are still very shiny.

Thanks DT!

certainly worth considering :eusa_think: it lives on the tarmac anyways. it's pretty good at cornering as it stands, bet it would be unreal on sticky 17s. or maybe riding enduro tires for ages on the XT and husky has changed what i consider to be good at cornering.

i think it's currently on 21 front 17 rear.

going to do some measuring when i'm in the garage next.

Thank you very much! :hyper: