Squires 2015

This post is 3105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

speak with airhead, he have really nice places near him in peak district. I personally like this place https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Castleton,+Hope+Valley,+Derbyshire+S33/@53.3455622,-1.7573003,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487a2d06ac8b9919:0x1cdab5b3654820ed

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oi" kev. Am a explorer

Remember the first year. We did our own thing.

My computers down

Had to log in through f.b

• Like 1

True, always wondered what Woodhead Pass is like by bike. Been over enough in the truck, once just!, I mean just! dodging a snow storm that stranded trucks that came behind me for a couple of days.

Sorted the double post John.

Right am back " 300 quid lighter, :madflame:, Dam usb port broke[ mouse '& keyboard fob] froze screen = pulled the power cable, and crash, :smash:, tried to start pc, some page saying USB fault - then closed down,,,So new desktop, its better anyway,,

Aye kev , I know Yorkshire like the back of me hand, :tounge:,,, I only get lost following you lot,,, :bootyshake:

• Like 1

Well bugger me, out on sunday, :babyha: found this place ,,,360mils over the weekend on DT,

20150614_152309.jpg

• Like 4

Didnt you get there at the last squires?

Didnt you get there at the last squires?

You and kev sharing the same tent ? your making the same noises ,,, :bootyshake:

• 1 month later...

Well seeing as we have done the usual amount of cock all as far as other meets go, Squires it is.

Thing is after last year's mystery tour where we found our way there by, lets call them less mainstream roads. I figured going one better this year. Esp after using some of the roads in the peak district last week. Only get one life and all.

Andy and I will be meeting at Thrapston Services on the Friday at a time TBC, they are roughly equidistant from both of us so a good point to kick off. Then head off through Oundle, then Oakham, Melton (good roads there) up the A6 for a bit. Basically a diagonal getting us to Derby then maybe a bit more A6, pick up the A57 past Ladybower, skirt Glossop picking up the road over Saddleworth Moore then across through Pontifract and up to Squires. All of that is little more than a general direction. The only real focus is the Ladybower Resi something Andy and myself want to ride.

Not a quick or short trip but we have all day to do it and with a few stops for pics, coffee and fuel (for us and the bikes) it will be a bit of an adventure. So long as the weather is kind it will be good., may be able to meet up with a few of you lot on the way through. For a little 125 and a 250 built for 30mile blasts were both going into Ewan and Charlie mode lol.

I haven't checked with Finnerez89, hopefully he may join us too.

See you there.

• Like 1

Sounds great Cynic - remembering my adventures on my 125, I'd say a trip like this is just perfect! Much more engaging than a bigger CC bike. Anyway, without knowing the detailed route you plan, if weather permits and you find yourself on the A6 to Buxton - I'd head onto Chapel en le Frith, then off towards Castleton where you can take in the delights of Winnats Pass, but also as a pit-stop, the badly eroded A625 which can be viewed from the top or bottom. You can then head to Hope Valley and Bamford for Ladybower. There is a little turn-off to a place called Thornhill which takes you to the same place but is a slower, narrow road than the main A6187 to A6013. As mentioned earlier, time and weather permitting, take a detour at Ladybower down the dead-end road to Howden and Derwent reservoir. There will basically be a brown sign for the Upper Derwent Visitors Centre off Snake Pass (a right turn, heading towards Glossop over the Ashopton Viaduct). Good for photos and to check out the whole Dambusters history. Just shout if you want anymore ideas.

• Like 1

............ then off towards Castleton where you can take in the delights of Winnats Pass, but also as a pit-stop, the badly eroded A625 which can be viewed from the top or bottom. .............

Winnats Pass

Mam tor (Shivering mountain)

• Like 1

if you don`t mind, I will join you for this trip.

Fine by me. Finnerez89 is coming too. Need to work on the meeting points :blink:.

This is going to be great. Prob see john on the way.:lol: 

Well seeing as we have done the usual amount of cock all as far as other meets go, Squires it is.

Thing is after last year's mystery tour where we found our way there by, lets call them less mainstream roads. I figured going one better this year. Esp after using some of the roads in the peak district last week. Only get one life and all.

Andy and I will be meeting at Thrapston Services on the Friday at a time TBC, they are roughly equidistant from both of us so a good point to kick off. Then head off through Oundle, then Oakham, Melton (good roads there) up the A6 for a bit. Basically a diagonal getting us to Derby then maybe a bit more A6, pick up the A57 past Ladybower, skirt Glossop picking up the road over Saddleworth Moore then across through Pontifract and up to Squires. All of that is little more than a general direction. The only real focus is the Ladybower Resi something Andy and myself want to ride.

Not a quick or short trip but we have all day to do it and with a few stops for pics, coffee and fuel (for us and the bikes) it will be a bit of an adventure. So long as the weather is kind it will be good., may be able to meet up with a few of you lot on the way through. For a little 125 and a 250 built for 30mile blasts were both going into Ewan and Charlie mode lol.

I haven't checked with Finnerez89, hopefully he may join us too.

See you there.

and the date is ?

and the date is ?

Its the first weekend in September, Friday the 4th. You coming? More the merrier. Andy is on his SR125 so were not breaking records although that bike can get nigh on 70 with a bit of a run. Wont do it for long. Cruising speeds of around 60 obviously dropping for local limits, (and hills).

For convenient meet points there will be the obvious one at Thrapston, prob 9.30 for 10. Something like that aiming to reach the chippy in Matlock for around 12. Pay homage and then go see..

I'll meet you in Matlock for fish n chips, then how about this...

Bakewell

Monsall Head (Nice View)

Eyam ? (Great Plague Interest)

Castleton (Mam Tor and down winnats Pass)

Hope Valley

Thornhill

Ladybower and Derwent Reservoirs, Dambusters Interest (RIP Les Munro)

Snake Pass to Glossop

Woodhead

Holme Moss (Nice view of Yorkshire from the top)

Holmfirth

Denby Dale

Wakefield

Normanton

Castleford

Squires

This covers much of what bippo put forward...waddya think?

Edited by Airhead
  • Like 2

Great to see this thread moving again and so much interest in it, hope to see you all there at some point over the weekend. Looks like we may get even more members this year than the record last year, bit gutted I won't be there for all of it but I may not still be married when I get home if I do.

• Like 1

I'll meet you in Matlock for fish n chips, then how about this...

Bakewell

Monsall Head (Nice View)

Eyam ? (Great Plague Interest)

Castleton (Mam Tor and down winnats Pass)

Hope Valley

Thornhill

Ladybower and Derwent Reservoirs, Dambusters Interest (RIP Les Munro)

Snake Pass to Glossop

Woodhead

Holme Moss (Nice view of Yorkshire from the top)

Holmfirth

Denby Dale

Wakefield

Normanton

Castleford

Squires

This covers much of what bippo put forward...waddya think?

That sounds good Paul - and great piccies of Castleton area too. If the weather is solid everyone will really enjoy the ride.

Fine by me. Looks to be a cracking whistle stop tour of the peak district. Looking foreward to it.

• Like 1