that gut wrenching moment...

captf
This post is 3482 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Shall I assume Groucho is someone who had/has lots of luck with their bike(s)?

I didn't even want to risk bending it back into shape. While it was useable [with 3 fingers] in its bent state, I just knew it'd snap if I did.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

groucho just had bad luck with that xt

That bike was cursed! Forged by lucifer himself!

I ended up buying it, replacing the cracked engine case only to put it back together and find it had no spark! Sold it on as spares or repair, glad to see the back of it.

I'm sure it was our Groucho who posted on here about how the front end seemed really stiff and turning was horrible, only to later find out the front tyre was flat.

Shall I assume Groucho is someone who had/has lots of luck with their bike(s)?

Yeh, search for the cursed XT, or click on grouch"s name ,and find content :babyha:

makes a brilliant read he should write a book but I don't think anyone would believe one person could be so ------- fill in the blank, I was going to say unlucky but there's more to it than that!! sorry grouch but you know we all love yer.

I don't think I know anyone with a bike who hasn't done this at some point...! I managed to badly sprain my ankle a few years ago, with a flip-up (spring loaded stand) doing exactly that as I dismounted.

lXdrFQhl.jpg

My front brake handle has been bent like that for the past five years.