South Wales Newbie saying hi

Stimo11
This post is 3466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Morning all if your in the UK lol

blackhat250 cheers mate, yes I will be taking it easy for a while haha thanks very much cant wait to get started.

Sacha no problem at all I will upload pics asap for you guys to see.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the nut house. Bit confused though I thought your guy's had a 13 hp limit for new riders how did you get around that? or is that only in england?

I am 26 now which takes me out of that bracket I done the full motorcycle licence which allows me to ride anything I want I done the direct access. so I can jump on any bike I want now with a full motorcycle category on my licence. ridden bikes as a youngster all the time and looking forward to getting out on the roads.

also thanks for the warm welcome glad I joined heard its a good social site for abit of banter and a good chat and information.

Welcome to the nut house. Bit confused though I thought your guy's had a 13 hp limit for new riders how did you get around that? or is that only in england?

UK laws throughout whole of GB, usually ignored in Wales, Scotland and most northern parts!! [emoji23][emoji24]

Thanks AndrewElvisFan . it was an amazing feeling passing as ive put it off long enough!

Yeah - I put it off, then got with a girl who hated bikes (doh!) now been with her 15 yrs, married for 10 and was allowed back on a proper bike almost 2 yrs ago! And no, she still does not understand the glee of flies arses over my helmet!!

haha well I can imagine your glad to be back on the two wheels my friend! happy days :P im just lucky I fall outside of the restricted bracket basically means im getting old now lol.

what bike you riding now then mate ? does your woman enjoy going on the back of you ? or you abit to crazy for her on it lol

Definitely glad to be back - I'm still on l plates so no pillion for me:(

Taught the wife to drive about 8 years ago, couldn't afford 2nd car so got a twist and go as a 'foot in the door'. Took me about 6 yrs to kill it. Damn thing would not die - imagine a 49cc doing over 50 downhill on a daily basis! So now have a SR125 which can go 70 downhill with me lying on the tank :)

• Like 1

had a visual of you supermanning down your local hill just then :headbang: that's the way to do it mate . think you will ever go for you full licence or quite content on your sr125 ? nice little bikes tho aint they quite popular. 6 years that must of taken a battering rip your little 49cc :angel3: lol

:welcome:

I'll be going for my mod 1 and 2 as soon as finances allow! Longer term a bigger bike would be on the cards - nothing too big - divvy sort of size. My back wouldn't cope with anything too sporty on long journeys. Always fancied Triumphs - more so after following a couple at squires this year - one with a very nice rear end :)

I'd have a 2T in a heart beat if I had the time and money to maintain it but any spare cash is always getting swallowed up the offspring!!

I can imagine , I do feel like its not the best of choice with me getting this r1 but its immaculate and a great price miles are low , it just had to be bought , ive always said I wanted a more touring upright bike like a bandit 650 naked that was going to be my choice until this came along and I couldn't turn it down lol.but it brought me here so its not all bad and I love the look and the bike itself was my favourite when I saw one as a youngster, even tho I always favoured the blue over the red, but the red and white has grown on me a lot. offspring isn't a cheap hobby lol always forking out for something mate ! not the cheapest of hobbies lol :biglaugha: glad I don't have any just yet but I have 2 nieces and nephews that cost me a small fortune lol

• Like 1

All hobbies are good until they start costing money - the first started costing about 10 years ago just after the 20 week scan!!!

I'd have a 2T in a heart beat if I had the time and money to maintain it but any spare cash is always getting swallowed up the offspring!!

Oh how I know that problem!

I always maintained I just wanted to practice but it didn't quite work out like that....

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online