DT 125r/DT125x. Front suspension

Manxplodder1972
This post is 3463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi doing a project with me son trying to get him on the road :) we have a dt125x 2009, the front suspension

Is shot so wanting to replace it question is would a set of dt125r forks fit they have same spec 270mm travel

41mm dia, as a set for the 125x is £500 any help with this question would be great,already asked this question in bar sorry about that did not know there was a tekky section

Cheers Jon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the forks are that bent then you want to check the triple clamps as well mainly the lower.Lots of companys on the net that do repro tubes so you could reuse all the other parts( spring top cap,lower leg's )

Holy crap a quick flea bay and walla here you go cheap as pie 45 bucks complete http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=yamaha+fork+stanchions&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xyamaha+dt125r+fork+stanchions&_nkw=yamaha+dt125r+fork+stanchions&_sacat=0

Just for reference, I used DTR fork stanchions in my DTX forks. They are exactly the same (The DTX fork stanchions were very poorly chromed and had rusted)

There are a few changes inside the fork however

Have a look at my build project if you are interested in seeing them in pieces

Its in the projects section (DTR,DTRE,DTX merge)

All the best

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online