Father and son DT125 project

Manxplodder1972
This post is 3407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi my son and I are putting together a yamaha dt125x 2009 ,which we bought as a project :)

We are almost done but we have a problem.

The front end is shot the wheel is good but the front suspension is beyond repair :( local

garage has quoted about £500 for new set ouch,so here's the question would a set of earlier DT125r

Front forks fit I have had a look they look very very similar?

Any opinions on this greatly received,want to get it finished and him out on the road

Cheers jon

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If they don't fit, you could swap the internals/stanchions over as they are the same. Providing they're the problem of course

• 1 month later...

Yeh, make a template of bracket out of wood, get dimentions correct, then get it made of good quality steel of alloy.

Im pretty sure all dtr forks are the same from the point that they changed it fron the lc to the dtr other than the dtx versions witch had the different calliper mounts. :) i think im going to have to make a bracket not sure how yet as i have a lack of tools

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online