New rider I love it!!!

DrunkenAngel
This post is 3487 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I recently acquired a brand new ybr125 0miles. After a bit of a shakey start (I felt so uncomfortable it was unreal just so nervous on the road) I hit the 40 mile mark on the bike and suddenly out of nowhere I fell in love. Having owned the little baby for a week now and covered just over 80miles I look forward to comuting to work everyday as its just so relaxing. There is no real reason for this post to be honest but perhaps someone like me who was nervous as hell after passing there cbt will see this and know it does become so much fun.

Picture of bike is below.

Www.Imgur.com/p56p1nf

• Like 7

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: Another one bitten by the bug. Stay safe and have many more fun miles

Oh we have all been there, some of us a LONG time ago, it will have it's moments tho. Don't get cocky remember the golden rule "they will try to kill you" so use your senses and always put yourself in a position to be able to escape. But other than that it's just great to have someone else find the fun in riding a bike. :jossun:

• Like 1

Yeah I remember lol the nerves take a little while before they're completely gone though. It's great that people are getting bitten by the bug!

Welcome and stay safe, this group has a lot of useful advice to give.

Where are you from Drunken?

Well done that man, once it bites you you can never get fully satisfied and the love of it only gets bigger and more gripping. Saty safe out there and nerves are a good thing but dont let them get the better of you, remeber YOU ride the bike the bike should never ride you if it does then it normally means your off and the rider / motorbike roles have changed drastically bad. ha-ha

Hi and welcome ,you have just started a new chapter in life may the pages be good ones. Don't bother trying to explain it to non riders,how simply getting on your bike can make a bad day good

Good to hear of your new love affair with two wheels, the nerves will gradually go as you put more miles behind you but just take it easy and don't rush. Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

:wavey: Welcome aboard! I too can relate to a shaky start! :)

He never fails " :icon_cheesygrin: just to let you know what your letting yourself in for,,,Heres kev without the moustash,,

http://youtu.be/tUWOAJ0My9I

http://youtu.be/tUWOAJ0My9I

Why cant I embed videos now,,,,[ windows 8.1]

Excellent. I know how you feel having just done a similar thing.

Watching then trying counter steering was an epiphany for me. Glad i found out quickly - wish they covered stuff like that at CBT.

Enjoy yourself and stay safe.

What plans do you have for full licence? I'm interested to hear. I thought I'd get in some proper time on a 125 before doing anything further but I can see that changing (slightly).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online