1987 535's V twins

dt502001
This post is 3497 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can honestly say I know sfa about these bike's,back then I was not intrested in them at all. Not to mention hardly any got sold here.

So good points or bad comments welcome. It's next to free but not sure I want it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pretty reliable, fairly cheap, parts not to big a problem. Moves well, handles well and a very reasonable entry-level Cruiser.

Downsides - Very short, looks squished up, designed for women so can be cramped, is a girly Cruiser with lots of chrome, tassels, conchos, studs, etc etc.

Oh, and a small tank. Bigger versions are around, but I think the max is still only 13L.

If you like it, get it. You will be happy.

Just ignore the good-natured teasing of the membership here.

Just ignore the good-natured teasing of the membership here.

I dont tease! haha.

Me....personally, i think they are absolute shite, they look like a japanese man with narrow eyes and squinted vision designed it and then employed stevey wonder to build it, granted the engine is good but so is the string on a tampax and you really do dread having to touch one of them.

LOL looks wise wont matter as I intend to cut it up,And wheel base will be alterted.I was more concerned with the over all workings.

The 750's of that era were bad for eating starters/starter clutches,so just looking for that type of info and so far I can't seem to find much bad about them 535's.

Thats what really pisses me off with them, they are so mechanically good they are almost tempting (ALMOST!!!) but every thing else lets them down for me.

Again its just my opinion so sorry to all 535 owners if i hurt your feelings (you're fault for buying one :biglaugha: )

Quote from an old film called Kes. "Third class riding is better than first class walking".

Kes?

Blimey, now you make me feel old!!!

I studied the book and the film in English lit in the late 80's.

Or it could have been history!

I studied the book in English lit in the late 70s. Good to see that schools keep up with changes in literary syles.

Thats what really pisses me off with them, they are so mechanically good they are almost tempting (ALMOST!!!) but every thing else lets them down for me.

Again its just my opinion so sorry to all 535 owners if i hurt your feelings (you're fault for buying one :biglaugha: )

Thats a tad harsh mate, I rode one for a few years and found it really fun.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online