Dt 125 r 1998

Samyamman
This post is 3485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I'm new to the dt and I wanted to find out a few things it's a pretty standard bike but it has a big one end can and i think a front but not sure I'm sure the front pipe had to nuts like welded on for the heat sheld but I'm not surtant.. I don't know how to upload photos as I'm new to this??? ... And also how do I deristict it? I know how to do the power valve but there's a little box thing coming off the inlet manifold if I black that off then jet it and and new reeds would that help? Thanks in advance for the help!! If some one could tell me how to add some photos to this post from my iPhone i will up load some thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Samyamman.

How about a wee post in the "New Members" bit ?

A wee bit about yourself,exactly which bike you are on about etc.

Someone who has some idea what you are asking will be able to help.

But a wee post in the other bit is polite & will probably bring you some good answers.

The DT does come in various sizes I believe. And there will be variations year by year.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still interested im pretty sure youve got the standard expansion chamber as i dont think the big one or dep pipe come with a heat shield

To restricted it im pretty sure you have to cut the pipe further down im not sure where as ive never done it or itll be by the manifold(a big washer)

As for other restrictions you can pin the power valve open if havent got the server and cables (Problem is you lose alot of bottom end power)

Hmmm i have read about earthing a wire behind the clocks but ive never done that either

All the best