Dt125re powervalve problems

Monster Energy DTR
This post is 3462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, having a few problems with the PV on my 07 dt125re. So to start off, my DT will only do 60, even screaming it will struggle to hit 70. Now my cousin has a 93 DT 125 and well, the thing flies like sh*t off a shovel, I had a head start, screaming my bike and next thing you know he shot past me. My powervalve isn't working well at all, I have really bad mid range power, bad topend, but the bottom end power isn't too bad, the front wheel comes up at the lights(happy with that). Should I pin the PV open? Or how can I sort it out? If I should pin it open how do I do this? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will never win that race.

The 93 dt was a 25hp bike restricted to 13. Most schoolyard tuners could get them to 80 per cent of that removing restrictions.

Your 2007 bike ISNT restricted. The ports etc will give around 13hp. Its possible to eek some more go sacrificing efficiency but without major work you have lost before you start the engine.

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of interest cynic what did they actually change from the old engines to new engines ? Bore X Stroke is the same isnt it ?

All the best

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online