Just bought my new project.

slice
This post is 3486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a Yamaha YB 100 off of ebay, 1989 29K on the clock and has been dumped by the PO, a young lad who knows nothing about bikes or how to fix them and a Dad who wants his garage back ! So I am the proud owner of a 2 stroke which I haven't had since 1967ish ! Winter is sorted then just need to find out if it will run and ride plus what if anything needs replacing, I will be back with questions about 2 strokes soon. :jossun:

PS anyone got a manual?

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just thought you might like to see it. YB100.JPG

• Like 4

No DT I want the actual manual, seen one on the bay so my next purchase, that should put the wife right up there with the light fixtures :biglaugha:

:thumb:

I think think the one you have is the Australian model.................................................just look at the marque name on the crankcase cover in the picture :eusa_whistle:

Yes I saw that, was wondering if the pistons went down and up rather that the other way, probably explains why he couldn't fix it ! Still will keep me in the garage over the winter and the wife will probably send my tea out there anyway. :biglaugha:

PS or could it be the rare AHAMAY model; from China? Just noticed it is the DELUXE model as well so I will have to find where they have hidden the ashtray!

................Just noticed it is the DELUXE model as well ..........................

Deluxe; that is such a great 1970's/80's word.

That looks in pretty good nick considdering it had been dumped in a garage, would have thought the mud guards would have been brown chrome by now.

Damn good find that Slice

Yes I saw that, was wondering if the pistons went down and up rather that the other way, probably explains why he couldn't fix it ! Still will keep me in the garage over the winter and the wife will probably send my tea out there anyway. :biglaugha:

PS or could it be the rare AHAMAY model; from China? Just noticed it is the DELUXE model as well so I will have to find where they have hidden the ashtray!

Cool find slice, they're cool little bikes to blast round the block to the shop etc

As for rare, its the model we have here in oz...the deluxe,DX100 on the compliance plates-I have a 79 and a 80.

This is an "OH BUGGER" moment. Had to let the little bike go I'm afraid, just discovered a leak in the hot water tank over the kitchen (again) :madflame: so £600 for it to be supplied and fitted has taken a large chunk out of my "get a new project bike fund" Seller was a bit unhappy about my saying I can't pay for it but hey ho sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches. Back to saving up again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online