'76 XS500 steering/fork specs

cegan09
This post is 3486 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking for specs on the front end of the XS500. Namely the rake angle and trail. Technically I can work out trail if I know rake angle thanks to basic trig.

I'm back at work on my bike finally, and I want to convert the front end to modern suspension. But I want to try and keep it close-ish to stock dimensions if I can. I just don't have the stock numbers to start.

If anyone has been through this with the XS500 i'd love to see what was done, but my searching has turned up nothing for this bike. The tripple guys (750 and 850) seem to do this often enough.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are a few racing TX/XS 500 on this site if I remember right, so they may know. I haven't noticed this sort of info on here have you tried Yamaha direct?

27.5 degrees rake 117mm trail.

By the POWER of goooooogle....

• Like 1

Everything I found was your standard regurgitation of the press spec sheet from when it was released. Basic engine info, tires sizes, overall dimensions, stuff like that.

Thanks for pointing me to that page, seems to have everything. Now I can start researching parts to move forward with.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online