Yamaha fan bought a 2015 SR400

This post is 3522 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello from New York.

I've returned to motorcycle ownership after 24 years. My first bike was a new black '79 SR500 (leftover in 1980) for about The '79 U.S. version, (like the '78) had front & rear disc brakes, cast aluminum wheels, and gold pinstripping on the tank. I bought a Ruby Red '80 SR500 used a couple of years later (missed the '79 after selling it). The '80 U.S. version had front disc/rear drum brakes. I kept it for 10 years...sold it in 1990 with 9k miles for a mere $600.. I always toyed with going for an XS 650 or Maxim 650 and did buy a '75 XS 650 a few years ago, but it can't match the SR.. I love the SR's handling, the sound of the big single and its timeless good looks.
So I picked up a new 2015 SR400 in June (in Liquid Graphite, the only USA color) the first one to arrive at my local Yamaha dealer. I bought my new '79 SR500 back in the day in the same town, from the same salesman.. When I bought that '79 SR I was 20,, my salesman Scott was 26. We're a bit older now. I'm 54, and he's 60.

I don't care if its somewhat pricey. It's a well-made, refined machine, even better than the original. The U.S. SR500 was about $2000 35 years ago, only a hunderd or two less than the XS 650, so $6000 today isn't unreasonable - and quite a bit less than the V Twin. I just might buy another '78-'81 SR500 eventually (I was looking for an '80 SR500 when I stumbled on the news of the 2015). The new SR iwas hard to resist despite being at least twice the price of a mint '80 SR500.

My Garage-

http://yamahaclub.com/forums/garage/vehicle/1199-yamaha-sr400/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
So I picked up a new 2015 SR400 in June

2015? Oh my gods, you have a TIME MACHINE????!!!!! :lol:

Welcome to the forum!!

Rather a nice bike, by the way and a very good Intro. Look forward to hearing more!!

:welcome:

:wavey: welcome to the YOC! Looks like some nice toys in the garage.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online