Hello All the Way From South Africa!

This post is 3501 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Been looking at this forum for a number of months now, silly for me to have joined earlier!

Anyway, my name is Jayson. 23 years old and living in Cape Town, South Africa. I've always ridden bikes, starting with motocross - although never raced - and ending up racing supermotards. In the next 3 days I will be leaving the bike shop I'm working for which is called Retro Prestige Motorcycles (https://www.facebook.com/Retro.Prestige.Motorcycles). It was a startup business which I helped open and designed. Dealing with mostly classic bikes and cafe racers and accessories, I ran the back office and in the end I landed up building cafe's and trackers. So some of my work is on the link I posted above.

So during the course of working here I had always had a connection with Yamaha's DT series, and lucky me I had a 1992 DT 175 MX rotting away in my back garden which my father had bought for ZAR 500 (29 GBP). This bike had seen 7 summers, and 7 VERY rainy winters. This February I decided to let it live again and build it into a street tracker with a motard twist.

Anyway, that's my story. I am considering starting a build thread on here. Good idea? Not allowed?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Start a thread in the project section and, as well as information, fill it with pictures and some comedy stuff.

Hi Jayson & welcome to the YOC :wavey:

:welcome: would love to see your DT build.

Welcome bru!!

Do you Saffies ride anything other than DTs?

Seems to the the only one that ever gets ridden out there... Saffie friend of mine has been on a DT400 since back in the 80s!!

Hi and welcome that is one cool shop you worked at,never have to worry about lunch.

:welcome:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a Saffa living in London and I have a XJ6 Diversion F which I love. If you ever come this side let me know I stay in Ashtead so close to London.

Always keen for an excuse to take the bike out!