Xt125 Axle

jharpe
This post is 3518 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

My names Jack and I've just recently bought a 07 Yamaha XT 125 X.

To cut a long story short the chain looked a bit loose and then saw the adjuster nuts on rear axle were loose too. So I thought that was why. I adjusted everything and chain was looking good.

So here's where the nightmare begins. When I retightened the main big axle nut back up to the factory torque setting it just went all loose. My fears were confirmed the nut was stripped bare and has also damaged the spindle thread although not too bad.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what I should do? I've thought

Get a new bolt and cross thread it best I can and see if I can get it to hold tight.

Drill through the spindle and split pin behind the nut so it never comes loose while I'm riding.

Spot weld the nut tight and worry when I need a new tyre! Ha.

Any other thoughts would be very appreciated.

And before anyone says it I've looked everywhere for a new spindle bar going direct to yamaha.

Many thanks

Jack

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do NOT bodge the rear axle it holds your life in it's hands ok, replace it with a new one or a good 2nd user one if it comes loose while your riding the chain will snap and jam either the rear cog or the engine drive cog both of which will spit you off like a greased bullet under a bus. Don't care how rare they are your life is worth more than a glorified nut and bolt ! No one on here will give advice on how to bodge a fix like that as we all know what the consequences are.

PS It's usual to do an INTRO in the new members section BEFORE you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question just so we can get to know a bit about you, so if you would trot over there more folks will try to offer suggestions on a fix for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online