Hi from Brisbane Australia

davo86
This post is 1615 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Currently riding Honda F4i 600 as a road bike but have always had Yamahas as dirt bikes.

My dad has just over 1100 acres out near Gatton which we gave recently decided to run cattle on.

Whilst my TTR250 is a great bike it is at most times not a practical bike for farm work. This started me looking around at some cheap bash abouts for getting from A to B whilst also carrying tools and what not to places its a pain in the ass to get a 4x4. Quads are to expensive at the moment for my budget.

Anyway I ended up buying a 1981 Yamaha AG 100 that has been stripped of all the road features ( headlight speedo etc) and painted nastily with a can of black spray paint. But it runs and was only $100.

Today I purchased this for $50 and am hoping to make a good bike out of 2

20140816_093919_zps4f3c3af3.jpg

20140816_093932_zpsd11d88df.jpg

I am hoping to make some practical mods to it and also see what parts from other yamahas are interchangeable with the old AG 100 if any one has any advice or pics of how they have set up there AG id love to see them.

Cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The rack is about the only shiny thing on it !! But other than that it's a fair little bike for getting about on a farm I should think, taking 2 rough ones and making 1 good one is a good idea just remember to keep the bits you don't use cos as sure a shit as soon as you chuck them away that's the bit that will break or fall off. Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to have new folks join in. :wavey:

Liking your little bike davo, hey that rack, now that's the biz isnt it you could carry bales of hay on that thing :)

:welcome:

or a crate of ammo for the bunnys :)

The rack is about the only shiny thing on it !! But other than that it's a fair little bike for getting about on a farm I should think, taking 2 rough ones and making 1 good one is a good idea just remember to keep the bits you don't use cos as sure a shit as soon as you chuck them away that's the bit that will break or fall off. Welcome to the YOC it's always nice to have new folks join in. :wavey:

yeah she was never going to be pretty for the money I want to spend, think I'll buy a few more parts bike s until I can afford a decent quad and by that time the kids might be learning to ride so they can use them :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

did yamaha release the AG in the UK?

There pretty common over here in oz and NZ.

:welcome:

:wavey: welcome!

• 5 years later...

Hi Davo86 im kees from southport goldcoast . Have ridden around your way a few times a while back near esk 

Wow jealous you dad has so many acres!!!.ohh love love ttrs too. What bike do you have these days?

• Like 1