My first bike?

Brownies
This post is 3500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

After some problems with my parents, i decided to buy my 1st bike.

I'm 14 years old and i want your help because i am quite new in this :D

Which one shall i choose ?

KTM 125 SX,

DT 125 R

Honda XR 125

Suzuki DR 125

Or Yamaha WR125 R ?

I leave that with you..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what will you be using the bike for? ... as you are 14, i take it that it's not for commuting

And are you good at fixing bikes or do you know someone that is? other than a garage of course ££££

You can never rely on someone else's opinion of a bike as they have different needs to you, your best bet is to try and get a free test drive of the bikes your interested in but as your not allowed to ride on the road yet that's going to present a problem for you and the seller. Most of the bikes you have listed are good machines and not a lot of difference between them I should think, but it might be an idea to find out what servicing/garages are in your area so you don't have to travel to far to get it fixed after you break it, you WILL break it we all have, ask the local riders around your area who fixes their bikes and how good they are, then go with the bike that seems to fit you and the local arrangements best. :jossun:

PS ask your Dad to help you out that way you will get at least one parent on side to help persuade your Mum to come on side.

What bike you choose is up to you but don't buy a Keep Taking Money,the service intervals are crazy and parts are dear,everyone I have known that owned one was never so happy to sell them.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online