Crunch time!

chrisnj
This post is 3508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

lol slice

this is a nice match if you have the money or use your bike like part exchange chris:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Yamaha-XVS-950-A-MIDNIGHT-STAR-Black-1900-Miles-1-Owner-Extras-Warranty-/291197214149?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43ccb4ddc5

aftermarket pipes over 250 pounds, hard saddlebags, over 900 pounds if you buy separatelly, over 400 for windshield and 150 for backrest 2014 registered and under 2000 miles.

about the gear changing, in normal conditions I change the second gear at 20-23m/h, 3th at 30-35, 4th at 40-45, 5th at 55-60.

yeah I saw that bike and these guys are not very far from me. Shame I'm down in Somerset this weekend or I'd be over to see this one. Guessing they might even allow a test ride as its a used bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So figured I should update the thread of what's happening..........

Sorry guys, but I've decided to go the Harley Fat Bob route. It was a bloody difficult decision and would like to thank all who contributed from this site as it really helped to be able to get ideas etc from you all. The Yam XVS is a great bike but the dealers round here are really shooting themselves in the feet I think if it is as good as everyone says it is by not having demo bikes they can get hold of. That was really bothering me a lot and the final thing my missus came up with was, you've always wanted a Harley, what would you feel like if you get the Yamaha are sat at some lights and a Harley pulls up next to you. Are you going to think wish I'd got the Harley. I thought probably I would. I did also think when I'm broke down at the side of the road on the Harley and I see an XVS go by will I think I wish I'd bought a Yamaha :-) but I didn't share that with her!

It seems I've caught the Harley itch and I'm just going to have to scratch it. If after a couple of years the itch is gone and the HD image in my mind is tarnished then I know exactly what the next brand of cruiser will be I will be looking at. If its not a violation of the site and nobody minds too much I will upload a pic of my FB when I get it and you can all give me grief about it :-) I might also lurk around here a bit if that's ok as you see a fairly friend bunch of people.

One thing I will say about the XVS950 though for anyone considering this bike. Throughout my research on the internet I only found 1 guys in the US with any real criticism for the bikes and I find that quite amazing as generally for most other things you look for online you normally find loads of people posting complaints. I think that says something about the bikes and something about me being bloody stupid but we'll see!

Chris.

Nice that you have finally decided on which way to go, would like to see the bike when you get it, your always welcome to drop in and visit mate we will keep a chair for you. :biglaugha:

:(

Just remember to nod/wave at other bikes.

:(

Just remember to nod/wave at other bikes.

Absolutely and I'm not going to wear a waistcoat or have tassels anywhere on me or the bike! Could look to get some Yamaha stickers to put on the tank and be ironic ;-) :eusa_doh:

Fair play on the tassels but remember waistcoats can still be useful, either as Winter layers or additional external pockets - I wear one myself sometimes, although it was designed specifically for it.

I will happily come round and hand-paint YAMAHA on your Harley, though!!! :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You said I could post non Yamaha pictures, so here I am. Not the best as I had limited time and a busy drive that day so no time / space to setup the shots, plus I wanted to get out and ride! Its a HD FXDF Dyna Fat Bob.

I've got some saddlebags and different speedo and some skull fuel gauge and fuel filler cap add-ons to come later this month that were part of the purchase deal but not available at the time of collection. I will also probably be looking at a stage one upgrade of new air filter, some louder exhausts and a tuning gizmo that goes with all that.

Maybe when I can find a compliant Yamaha garage with bikes I can test I will find the errors of my ways, but so far I'm pretty happy with the ride and I wave or nod to all whatever your riding so if you come a across me on the road do wave or nod back. I'm actually finding that scooter riders are the worst ones for not doing this!

6290e329-85a8-4189-b79d-df104ec71e77_zps

IMG_0388_zps76004c29.jpg

IMG_0386_zpse94bdccd.jpg

Nice bike Chris, glad you got to scratch that itch anyway and as we have already said your always welcome if you have 2 wheels and wave at us ! :jossun:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online