Hardly Draggin' Son...??!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Riding home through Reading and down the A33 last night.

Bike pulls up next to me, rider in head-to-toe Cruiserboy gear, just like in the brochure. Bike chugging away with custom pipes on. I smile and recall when I rode one of those

Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Custom... Red & Silver with Orange accents, 1999 paint scheme, which I recognise as I had one myself... Except for one confusing detail.

Every inch of this thing is a Dragstar... Except the tank has HARLEY DAVIDSON in stylised writing painted on the side...

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
................WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!

1) because he was £10k short for buying a HD

2) because he couldn't spell Yameha, Yomaha yem..... the Japanese bike marque

3) because he is a plank.

• Like 3

Maybe because he wanted something a bit more reliable that a bike that is still using pre-war technology in its engines.

• Like 3

Its camouflage mate. this bad boy pulls up next to you and you think "Pfft just a piece of shit harley, i can take it" next your bike cuts out and off they go with a smile on there face.

Either that or the bloke is one of them strange types that you meet at most rural pubs that also wears dresses or stares at you from a dark corner with a smile thats only best suited in a horror film and thinks he has actually bought a Harley from a main dealer where in fact it was a Yamaha and Grouch was the mechanic

• Like 1

Its camouflage mate. this bad boy pulls up next to you and you think "Pfft just a piece of shit harley, i can take it" next your bike cuts out and off they go with a smile on there face.

I started down that route initially. I clocked the bike and was ready to smoke it, but then got worried as I suddenly found myself really loving the look of it... I was concerned that I'd finally found a Harley I actually liked... so I looked closer. Saw the paintwork, recognised the engine, the overall picture clicked and then I was left staring at the other parts that still read YAMAHA and wondering - WWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!

Then the lights changed and I rememebred I'm on an FJ now. He tried to race, bless 'im, but I've been there on that bike myself and know how it goes - You can beat most cars, but not The Battle Bitch!!

2) because he couldn't spell Yameha, Yomaha yem..... the Japanese bike marque

But it was already written on it, right there!!!

Maybe because he wanted something a bit more reliable that a bike that is still using pre-war technology in its engines.

Would this not be something you'd proudly advertise??!!

You don't see people driving.... say.... a MkIII Toyota Supra, with 'Ford Transit' painted all over it, do you?

I'm hoping it's all some elaborate joke that usually gets explained when people are able to chat with the guy at a cafe or something, but on the surface it looks like the poor fella is a penniless wannabe - He didn't even have the Beard-Bandana-Beer Belly thing going on!

• Like 2

There is something unfathomably sad and pathetic about this. If I had an abiding, burning desire to own a Harley and I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't even wear an item of clothing with "HD" logo on it. This betrays a child-like emotional underdevelopment, a bit like scrawling "Harley Davidson" on your Raleigh chopper bicycle when you're 11.

• Like 1

When some of us were 11 Harleys were new!! (not me tho) :rofl:

maybe he just like the tank design? I don`t know how this tank was looking but I know the dragstar tanks are ugly. and this can be a good reason. another reason can be because he need a tank and this was cheaper or he can`t find a dragstar tank. you complicate to much the things :)))

Drag tanks are great. Nice biiig things, far better than the silly lemon shape of Intruders or the upswept things on Viragoes.

This was still an actual Drag tank, though, just painted over.

Rider was a typical moody Harley boy, as well. Just stared at me snootily, rather than noding and smiling as I did!

• Like 1

Drag tanks are great. Nice biiig things, far better than the silly lemon shape of Intruders or the upswept things on Viragoes.

This was still an actual Drag tank, though, just painted over.

Rider was a typical moody Harley boy, as well. Just stared at me snootily, rather than noding and smiling as I did!

Agree, the draggie tank totally "makes" the bike, its shape is just perfect! Don't think there's another cruiser below 1000cc with a nicer tank (except maybe the 950, which is different but as nice).

And he wasn't a typical Harley boy (they're bad enough), he was a wannabe typical Harley boy. Off the scale of sad wankerdom.

• Like 1

The best part is he has alinated himself from both crowds the Hardly riders are laughing at him and so are the rest of us.If he parks it in the wrong place some offended Hardly rider will kick it over.I'm not sayin all harley riders are dicks but there are enough of them that sooner or later he is going to get beat up by a die hard hardly guy who will take great offence .

I wonder if he thinks he is fooling anyone?

I've no real problem if it makes him happy... Just don't understand, especially as the bike still says YAMAHA all over it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online