hi guys

benjwade
This post is 3523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

My name is Ben, I am a total bike noob. So here to get some advice and learn about bikes through the collected wisdom of you guys.

Bought a yamaha xvs dragstar 125 in may as a little workshop project. Turns out the previous owner lied to me regarding its condition and the bike is a non runner.

Zero compression in either cylinder. So tonight I will be starting the strip down and to try locate the problem. Will begin with a few drops of oil into the barrels to rule out worn rings. From there on out its going to be blind leading the blind a bit. Valve timing check is next I guess?

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all. Your help and guidance will be most appreciated!

Cheers lads and lasses

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:wavey: hi Ben! Welcome to the YOC. Start a thread in the workshop (if you haven't already) to let everyone know what the bike's doing and any troubleshooting you've done so far. :)

:welcome:

Welcome to the YOC Ben, hope you get it sorted ok. :wavey: