Classic policy............................. or not?

DirtyDT
This post is 2622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

That sounds bloody complicated.....

I work for the NHS, what did you expect :shakeno:

Two grand on the TDR? That has to be very underinsured.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've always had breakdown as a standalone policy with GEM Motor Assist, it's about £75 for a personal policy which covers me on anything I ride/drive or am a passenger in, even got my caravan recovered using it when the brakes stuck on and caught fire on the M6

But unlike you crusty lot I'm at that tender age where every insurance company tries to bend me over and aim for penetration, so the only way I can get a policy for sensible money is to get the bare minimum policy (usually third party only)

My renewal came in recently for my shogun (2.8 diesel, long wheelbase) at £1200, the fireblade was just under £600, I think the FJ was around £300

• Like 1

got my insurance from RH classic policy, the cheapest its ever been at £97 agreed value on two bikes!

• 3 weeks later...

RIght " just done the meercat .com ,, MCE are the dogs . breakdown/ personal inj,/ leathers &helmet , all thrown in, £92.00 [ fully comp]

Excess £575..

Cheapest- Bennetts £86.60. all of above are extras,, added = £ 122, total, .

Bike-shure - £99. no personal injury cover,

Carol N, sent me a renewal, £278.00 ,,,, :shakeno:

excess is a lot though. I assume that's just the bike and not the personal stuff.

Yip " that's voluntary £175, and compulsory £400 , exceess :eusa_shifty:

mines £25 excess for 2 bikes at £97 inc uninsured loss and breakdown cover

• Like 1

BH, bikesure have the option for personal injury, you just need to add it :P.. and carol nash I think they live on another planet, I have quotas from bikesure, bennet, mce, hasting direct. etc, on all of those I add, helmet-leaters, personal injury, breakdown, ride other bikes, etc, prices between 270-400.. carol nash= 1200 :crazy:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/08/2014 at 6:24 PM, DirtyDT said:

Hi Oldtimer, I hope you are well and I might see you in a few weeks time.

Carole Nash quoted me more for the RD400 than I pay for the FZ8. Bikesure quoted a little more for both the TS and RD on a multibike policy than Carole Nash for the RD on its own.

The cheapest single, non classic, basic, fully comp quote for the RD only was £75.37 with the next cheapest coming in at £76.13. That is without any restrictions on home storage, no restrictions on mileage, no extra security required when parked out and about.

I haven't heard back from Bikesure yet. Their renewals team were supposed to be calling me back today.

got a quote off cnash 140.00 for 5 bikes , far cheaper  than anyone else, ring andrew  at c nash

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online