Newbie Rider - Yamaha SR

This post is 3533 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dirty DT won't agree cause he don't wash he bikes lazy git he is,but I do and while washing I have a look at every part of the bike and check it for wear tightness and so on,,, so a weekly scrub down can help you get use to your bike.So it is easier to see when things wear

I cant tell if your is a spoked wheel version but if it is dosent hurt to check the spoke tension, just take a screw driver and give em a tap you will hear a bit of a ring if they thud then they are loose not somthing you need to check often but good to know what they should sound like . I suppose with your yearly MTO's the inspector does that but I don't know for sure.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Make sure you change your oil regularly and, I don't know if it was specific to my boys bike, but using the bike over winter meant I had to remove the rear brake cam to clean it up and copper grease it

Hi & welcome to YOC, I Iike to give my bike a spray of WD40 forks, ht lead, any chrome just avoid the obvious such as brakes hand grips & such :jossun:

Thank you for all the tips guys :-)

The bike is now up and running through i do have one small issue, the carb is leaking ever so slightly. Not much but it's definitely dripping. I've tightened the screw as far as it'll go but I don't know if I could do with relaxing it? Does anyone know if you can buy the screws not heir own or would it require a full new Carb?

Yes you can buy many parts for a carb ,where is it leaking from? The drain screw at the bottom?

Are you sure it's not the float set wrong? Could then be leaking from the overflow? If it is the drain screw I think from memory there should be some sort of sealing washer.

Dirty DT won't agree cause he don't wash he bikes lazy git he is,but I do and while washing I have a look at every part of the bike and check it for wear tightness and so on,,, so a weekly scrub down can help you get use to your bike.So it is easier to see when things wear

That is factually incorrect. I had a skip on the drive over last weekend so I had to leave the bike uncovered for 3 days. I took the opportunity for the rain to give it a good clean :yeah: . It rained most days but hasn't taken much of the dirt off :shakeno:

Yup the drain screw, it used to be air tight but not it's letting the fuel seep out. Do you think it just needs a new washer or a new screw?

If it is the drain screw then a new washer should suffice.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online