REV REV REEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVV...??

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When I pull away, my engine simply rises in revs until I change up a gear.
When I slow down, I drop gears and each time the revs rise slightly, before dropping to idle as I clutch in and stop.

So...

Why is it so many other bikes go REVV... REVV... REVREVREV-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVV as they pull away?
Same for stopping - They're idling along, clutch in and it's just this constant REV REV REV as they come to a stop.

This isn't only a Summer biker thing, their idles are properly set so the bike isn't about to stall, there's often no traffic to try and bully out of the way... and most have been riding long enough to get over the sound of their own engine.

So what's with the constant blipping?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

St Vitas dance perhaps? :biglaugha:

i have to blip mine or it can stall.

the stuff they call fuel nowerdays is responsible, that and the engine being 34 years old

i have to blip mine or it can stall.

People keep telling me this, but it sounds like the idle just needs turning up, no?

Force of (twatty) habit?

Have to say, it's the only time I've done it... usually riding straight-throughs under a railway bridge or in a tunnel.

It does have to be done, though. Nothing like riding along making everyone think there's a pissed off Balrog coming toward them!!! :D

I ride home from work with a mate who has a Honda VFR. He does it at every roundabout and every red light so I'll ask him.

I have noticed some cars do this as well, mainly the little ones that have had there exhausts swapped for a drain pipe with drivers wearing baseball caps the wrong way round.

I have noticed some cars do this as well, mainly the little ones that have had there exhausts swapped for a drain pipe with drivers wearing baseball caps the wrong way round.

why did you bring foams into this! :1poke:

• Like 1

I wont have you talking about Foamy like that drewpy remember he has all those GTOs that he bought, Oh I see silly me :shakeno:

Well, I asked my mate with the VFR and apparently it stabilises the bike when moving at low speeds. That doesn't explain a: why he does it when he's not moving at all, and b: why my bike is perfectly stable at low speeds without the need to do it.

Force of (twatty) habit?

Ok I fess up sometimes i'm a twat but normally it's in the Hindhead tunnel.

Car Dicks is the term, so we get bike dicks too. esp the ones that hit the rev limmiter at lights,, :wank4az:

• Like 1

me i do it coz

i like the sound of the exhausts

and i like pissin off the cage driver in front of me

but it has no other benefits as far as i know lol

Both the FTO and GTO are tiptronic (semi automatic) so i cant do this "rev rev reeeeeeev" you speak of :P

launch control is a different matter, its more of a looooooong rev, followed by lots of smoke and tyre squeal and a shitload of torque steer.

I love the sound of my pipes, but I don't go broom broom broom at the lights. I occasionally give it a small bip, just a polite cough, to remind cagers I'm there.

Riding in the Rotherhithe and Blackwall tunnels though is a blast, especially overtaking (which is not allowed! :icon_mrgreen:).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online