Electronic ignition for xs 250

combat41
This post is 3565 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am currently building a bobber from a 1978 Yamaha xs 250 has anyone ever used a electronic ignition ?? I have found one made by newtronic, are they easy to install ??

any comments would be good .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

pretty straight forward and a good idea, I was forever changing the points on mine back in the day. for me it was it's Achilles's heal never had any other problems with it, mind I did have it from new and only kept it 18 month's, (member) Jimmy will have a different view

and I think Drewpy has gone back to point's on his XS400 tracker cos' he was having problem's with the electric ignition but he's not very good with electric ingnition's ha ha ha :P

pretty straight forward and a good idea, I was forever changing the points on mine back in the day. for me it was it's Achilles's heal never had any other problems with it, mind I did have it from new and only kept it 18 month's, (member) Jimmy will have a different view

and I think Drewpy has gone back to point's on his XS400 tracker cos' he was having problem's with the electric ignition but he's not very good with electric ingnition's ha ha ha :P

cheeky fecker!

I had a piranha on the tracker but it went down on 1 pot. I did get one made which used the points as a trigger and was really reliable. I got it from Germany but he has stopped building them.

I have got plans to build your own if your up for it?

try Pamco Pete on mikeXS

http://www.mikesxs.net/product/14-0999.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online