My first

mailee
This post is 3569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having only been riding 'big bikes' for just over a year now and being on the small and light side I was worried about taking a pillion. After reading up on advice and taking with other biker friends I bit the bullet and took my lad on the back today. We went for a bit more than a little jaunt as we did a 100 mile round trip to Lincoln! He loved it apart from his new lid pinching a bit and I learned a lot about carrying a pillion. He had already been on one of my mates bikes so he knew just what to do and once we were under way I hardly noticed he was there. Biggest problem was stopping and making sure the bike was upright to keep the balance right. On the return journey I was stopping like a veteran and it became much smoother to a halt. I found pulling away was fine just needing few more revs and feet up on the pegs quickly for the balance. The bike is only a 750 Virago but it seemed to pull well two up and did seem to be a little more sluggish to respond to inputs to the bars apart from that it was a great ride and a big hurdle for me to overcome. Problem now is I feel knackered with all of the concentration. :biglaugha:

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done mate, another budding biker in the making. I know from experience, carrying one of your kids on the back certainly sharpens your awareness

Great intro to bike's on the back of your Dad's bike, that's what started it for me and also come to think of it, my first pillion was my Dad when I was still on L plate's co's he had a full license it was legal.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online