FFS

jimmy
This post is 3529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I get the old irons out and then think f*ck it off to the tyre chap. :spin2:

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dumb question but in the absence of the above would 2 in one oil be ok?

no, do you really want your wheel rim spinning inside the tyre?

oil also breaks down rubber, that's why we have nitrile rubber for those special applications.(ask Kev about those special applications)

• Like 1

Doh! Maybe I should refrain from posting when half asleep! Ky then??? Lol

I get the old irons out and then think f*ck it off to the tyre chap. :spin2:

See post #5

I meant what i'd do. I cant see a reason to struggle when its so cheap.

• Like 2

I meant what i'd do. I cant see a reason to struggle when its so cheap.

Just spent nearly 2 hours doing my front tyre! Bastard bit me 5 times, tools covered in blood and more flesh exposed than a good night out. I'll pay someone else to fit the rear one!!

The shop I had replace my tires pinched the rear inner tube and I ended up with a flat. Luckily she's just a little bike and I'll be doing my own tires from now on. At least then I'll only have myself to blame. :/

The last time I tried to take a tyre off was over 25 years ago, it hurt and I still have the a scars. It isn't something I would even contemplate now.

Just spent nearly 2 hours doing my front tyre! Bastard bit me 5 times, tools covered in blood and more flesh exposed than a good night out. I'll pay someone else to fit the rear one!!

some tyres are easier than others. BT45's are a bugger to fit, yet the moped ones I more or less put them on by hand.

I'm glad I did it myself but any future tyres can be done at the garage. Blood worked quite well as a lubricant, though wouldn't necessarily recommend it!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online