DT125RE cuts out when put in gear

This post is 3572 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, got a problem with my DT125RE 2007. Took it out today running fine, went to see a family member quick and left my bike outside for 10 minutes, and now every time I go to put my bikr in gear it cuts out, if I try to start the bike it gear it won't even turn over. What could cause this? ypu6y5ym.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Faulty side stand switch, at least that's what happens on mine if it goes wrong, if this is your problem then you can get round it by connecting the 2 wires together and bypassing the switch till you replace it. I think?

I agree 100%. Side stand switch faulty or wire lose or broken. Have a look where the side stand swivels. There will be a switch with 2 wires on. If they are loose or broken off, sort that. If not, disconnect them from the switch and connect the two wires together solidly till new switch is fitted.