Damn, got shunted in rear, help identifying pipes to replace.

This post is 3552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got shunted in the rear at a junction, my XVS1100 leapt out from under me, and me and tbe bike ended up on the floor. The driver nicely drove off, leaving me on the ground. Thankfully they left their calling-card (their numberplate), so the rozzers are looking into that matter

Pre-empting that they will catch them, and I will need to get an insurance quote, I'm going to have to take to places that are sympathetic to custom bikes. Whilst the damage is cosmetic, exhaust, rear mudguard, pegs, these are all non-standard. I know the pegs are highway hawk forward controls, but the pipes and mudguard, no idea... Can someone help me identify what they are. Thanks.

29mufc1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cant help with the parts but I'd change the name on the tank.

• Like 1

As above mate, can't help with parts, but it's a very nice looking bike you have, hope it gets sorted toute suite. Great views as well

What about the previous owner? Can't you give him/her a call and ask what it was they put on it. The worst that can happen is that they tell you to "sod off!!" :jossun: and yes time for a name change I think or add "UN" at the front. :biglaugha:

Looks like a set off of www.metriccruisers.co.uk part number 652-071

FN SMIDSY 's :madflame: ...... nice bike you have there,stock pipes would be more expencive so if it cant be determined what they are then the ins co would have to base cost of replacement on stock. I thouhgt they looked more like Vance & hines pipes,but this is more up Noises ally

As far as the name on the tank, I doubt the dolt who hit you bothered to notice I like it

I think these pipes might be custom made. The equivalent from cobra or v&h would cost about £600-£700.

Let us know what the police have to say. A hit-and-run can mean a spell in prison. We'd all love to know how this bastard's life gets, um, "complicated"!

1 hit wonder

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online