For the Americans on this forum!

Robbie
This post is 5829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

cleese is funny as shit, and thats purty much how the post was taken by me, humor! not a my dogs better than your dog kinda thing.

lifes too short!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, No one has ever come close to beating the U.S. EVER.
HI THERE Me old mate ;) now then if i remember that other great superpower VIETNAM [ Coupleo"geeks wi

an A.K.A.] Kicked ur asses :unsure: well u pulled out [ no oil in them there hills ] anyway history over here cums the

sun 10 degrees here now [45f] we"ll soon be roaded B)

HI THERE Me old mate ;) now then if i remember that other great superpower VIETNAM [ Coupleo"geeks wi

an A.K.A.] Kicked ur asses :unsure: well u pulled out [ no oil in them there hills ] anyway history over here cums the

sun 10 degrees here now [45f] we"ll soon be roaded B)

Blackhat!

Vietnam a "superpower"? That was the result of incompetent politicians and a country that didn't want us there (not to mention we didn't want to be there either). My uncle was over there. They would push Vietcong out of his huey over rice patties and watch 'em die from heart failure. What I was referring to was the U.S. ever being successfully invaded and occupied. Britain tried it, but didn't fare so good. I just found out about Scotland having a parliament. Is independence from the Brits not too far off? You should try it. It feels good to tell Limeys to stuff it. :lol:

Yeah, its been close to 90f here. I'm gonna have to turn on the air conditioning if it gets any warmer. Won't get hot until next month. You gotta come down to Florida and ride! :lol:

Blackhat!

Vietnam a "superpower"? That was the result of incompetent politicians and a country that didn't want us there (not to mention we didn't want to be there either). My uncle was over there. They would push Vietcong out of his huey over rice patties and watch 'em die from heart failure. What I was referring to was the U.S. ever being successfully invaded and occupied. Britain tried it, but didn't fare so good. I just found out about Scotland having a parliament. Is independence from the Brits not too far off? You should try it. It feels good to tell Limeys to stuff it. :lol:

Yeah, its been close to 90f here. I'm gonna have to turn on the air conditioning if it gets any warmer. Won't get hot until next month. You gotta come down to Florida and ride! :lol:

Yawn, Yawn, yawn....What was that...Somebody say something? :zzz:

Blackhat!

Vietnam a "superpower"? That was the result of incompetent politicians and a country that didn't want us there (not to mention we didn't want to be there either).

Yeh P.body that was sad affair; no winners. And about independance. :( Think were stronger as one nation .

We got polititions here that livin in the dark ages .to be truthfull we don"t dislike the limey. its only the eng. media we dislike OH & Jimmy Hill [ hes apoof hes apoof ] :lol: ;; & cana emagin 90+ pissn here with sleet. [fkn freezn] B)

OH & Old git .o.a.bike wot a selection of bikes u had . them RD250s were super. my mates all had em &RD400s/

[scalded cat] roll on summer/

Well Robbie, you sure opened a can of worms on this subject.. As I remember a comic strip character in "Popeye the Sailor" always walking around saying "Phooey". Well that's my opinion on this fracas..Both sides came away from the War of Independance with bloody noses and more. However excluding the politicians, I believe that we are very reliable friends that have never hesitated to back each other up. This time, much to thier demise is Britain in Iraq. I have always regretted, as most Americans should, scamming England into this damnable mess in Iraq, and blaming the bum info of the "Yellow Cake" on the Brits intelligence, (that's because we didn't have any and still don't" )

The whole mess was cooked up by George Dubious, Dissapearing Dick, Crafty Carl and of course Rummy Dummy..

The idiots that voted for "George the Airhead" had thier heads in that dark smelly place. Not once but twice !!!.

The same bunch wrap themselves in the flag, wave the cross and march like Lemmings, lockstep into foolish disaster..

Over Four Thousand good troops wasted for a "Shock and Awe", "Strut and Smirk" so called president that can't find any country on a map without some toady moving his finger for him.

I guess that is about it, as for patriotism in my defence, I'm 74 years old, served eleven years in the service, six of that being in the 82nd Airborne Div. and 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team. I got tired of landing on my head, went in the Airforce, got an education in electronics and lived happily ever after.

Hey, I know this is long winded, but when you live in the outback, you spend a lot of time thinking....

Here's the best to all of you. Yank and British !!!! . As Ben said, We must hang together, or surely we will hang separately !!.

P.S. There is a very factual seven part series on HBO channel giving the accounts of John Adams through the Revolution.

For once the Americans made a very good documentary without crapping it up... ::yay:

Peabody (or should that be pea brain

I can not believe you actually think you are justified in starting the post with the following line:

'First of all, Britain was getting pummeled by German V-2s before America got involved with a war that didn't concern us.'

Hitler and his Nazi hordes were hell bent on a third reich that would last a thousand years.

He only managed to hang on to his twisted dream for six and in that time he butchered millions of people.

It did'nt concern the US, I am sure the Jews, Gypsies, Blacks and Homosexuals (to name but a few of the persecuted groups) that were being herded to the concentration camps would have been pleased to know the Yanks thought none of the terror in mainland Europe was of any concern to them.

Sometimes (what the f*ck am I on about) always you have to do thwe right thing.

Hitler needed stopping and a small island decided it was the right thing to do.

It is not always about money.

My wife's grandfather lost 11 brothers in the Second world war, they didn't think it was none of their concern.

A lot of people around the world have a dislike of the Americans, I am not one of them but believe me Peabody you can go a long way to changing someones mind.

7omly

Peabody (or should that be pea brain

I can not believe you actually think you are justified in starting the post with the following line:

'First of all, Britain was getting pummeled by German V-2s before America got involved with a war that didn't concern us.'

Hitler and his Nazi hordes were hell bent on a third reich that would last a thousand years.

He only managed to hang on to his twisted dream for six and in that time he butchered millions of people.

It did'nt concern the US, I am sure the Jews, Gypsies, Blacks and Homosexuals (to name but a few of the persecuted groups) that were being herded to the concentration camps would have been pleased to know the Yanks thought none of the terror in mainland Europe was of any concern to them.

Sometimes (what the f*ck am I on about) always you have to do thwe right thing.

Hitler needed stopping and a small island decided it was the right thing to do.

It is not always about money.

My wife's grandfather lost 11 brothers in the Second world war, they didn't think it was none of their concern.

A lot of people around the world have a dislike of the Americans, I am not one of them but believe me Peabody you can go a long way to changing someones mind.

7omly

7omly (or should I say 7 I.Q.?)

Simply put, Germany wasn't at war with the U.S. That said, Britain got involved (and eventually the U.S.) because we both had signed the same treaty with France, Poland and a handful of other countries agreeing to defend each other. Germany wasn't the biggest bully on the block (at first), so the U.S. expected the Allies in Europe to handle this spat. But the allied countries (including Britain)chose the course of appeasement rather than put that homicidal nut job in Germany in his place when he invaded Poland. Europe just kept backing up and giving him more (standard operating procedure for France, they've been waving white flags for so long its become a tradition). I know people who lost family in the concentration camps. I'm a member of a non-Jewish religion that were the first victims of the Holocaust (1934).

There is a well documented statement made by a German POW that was brought to America and loaded on a train for the west coast during WWII. He said on his 4th day of nearly non-stop travel that only a mad man would think he could defeat America. My family made sacrifices at Normandy and the Pacific theater. Dimwits claiming or downplaying the difference that America made in Europe are asking for a fight. Remember, we were fighting on TWO fronts and we didn't hold back or limit the resources we put into stopping Germany once we committed to the war.

I have friends from all over. My wife is Philippine, my best friend is Jamaican. I would travel the world if I had the money, but it is true, most countries don't like Americans. If it isn't jealousy for what we have its hatred for what we believe in. But our ego and arrogance isn't much unlike the arrogance of England, which is why my neighbor from India hates England. We make more of nearly everything on the market (or have sweatshops in china make it for us) and develop a lot of technologies, but unless its military hardware or aircraft, we make cheap, poor quality versions of everything. Just look at our monthly train derailings. Even the imported beers are altered (lower alcohol content). My kingdom for a stout? :( Seriously, your money is worth twice as much as ours and your make double the wages, so if you get the fancy to ride your bike on a warm, January day, come on over for a visit. Florida is flatter than a plate and the roads are straight, but there is no such thing as a riding season here and the mountains are only 400 miles away. B)

Peabody& 7omly (the Yanks thought none of the terror in mainland Europe was of any concern to them.

EVIL WILL ALLWAYS PREVAIL WHEN GOOD MEN STAND & DO NOTHING

WE Stand united folks ;yanks english scots irish welsh [beh] & as for INDIA [ the"v just taken over LAND/ROVER ]

ARE WE BEING COLONIZED. wot goes around comes around :rolleyes:

here comes the sun B)

To Peabody

I bury the hatchet.

Thanks for the invite but as any poor sod will tell you, over here we get a lot more in wages than you Americans but we also pay twice (and then some) as much as you do for almost everything.

Petrol here is currently 9.81 USD.

You need a lot of disposable income to live well in the UK and this idiot government we have are trying hard to make sure we have less and less.

All the best

Tom

PS 7 IQ (Ouch) Medical definition of an idiot is someone under 25 IQ (Good job us Brits have a sense of humour)

By the way that should read Petrol here is currently 9.81 USD a gallon just in case some halfwit from the treasury has any ideas.

All the best

Tom

Although I thought the OP's post was funny, I remember reading somewhere that it was not John Cleese who wrote that. Don't ask me who, I don't remember.

As far as American cars go, I don't think the British are in any position to criticize. Does anyone remember British Leyland? Is Rover still around? How about MG? How about you guys make a car with a working electrical system then we'll talk all night about lousy cars. :D

I've been away moving boats for a while, so just found this thread.

Having lived in the Florida Keys, I can reccomend biking there, if you like it flat and hot. Suited me! If you want some change in weather and scenary go North to Gorgia and Alabama.

I find it fasinating how the Americans try to create their history on a daily basis.

I've been away moving boats for a while, so just found this thread.

Having lived in the Florida Keys, I can reccomend biking there, if you like it flat and hot. Suited me! If you want some change in weather and scenary go North to Gorgia and Alabama.

I find it fasinating how the Americans try to create their history on a daily basis.

Let's see. The U.S.S. Constitution ("Old Ironsides") Sank 2 British ships of the line, and captures two in a single encounter. This isn't fanciful thinking or creating history on a whim. This is well documented history. The steering wheel she wears now is the very one she took from a British ship, the HMS Java, before sending her to a watery grave.

Aug. 19, 1812: Constitution sinks HMS Guerriere, in less than 30 minutes.

Dec. 29, 1812: Constitution sinks HMS Java, but only after taking her steering wheel, since ours was shot away.

1814: Constitution captures H.M. Schooner Pictou.

Feb. 20, 1815: Constitution engages both the H.M.S. Cyane and the H.M.S. Levant single-handedly and takes BOTH.

The crew of Constitution releases Levant only after encountering a British squadron, due to the very

poor condition of the severely battered Levant.

According to a Sea Vessel Encyclopedia (written in Britain) The Constitution's only claim to fame was "narrowly avoiding capture by the British navy." Sounds like its the Brits who are creating history on a daily basis. Again I will ask, if we didn't win the war of 1812, then where are the friggin' American based British brigades? The only time I've seen British troops in the U.S. was for training, with America's permission.

Oh, and yeah, it's flat, and hot is relative, but it is true, Georgia and Alabama (at least the northern areas) are far more entertaining for two-wheeled fun.

I was riding my bike today in a T-shirt and denims.

Well that shows what a prat you really are......... Do you know what raw meat looks like? You come off and so would all your skin. Good luck!!!!

As I said before in another thread.....just a keyboard warrior.....

Get back in your :stroller: and keep your :paci: in.

Well that shows what a prat you really are......... Do you know what raw meat looks like? You come off and so would all your skin. Good luck!!!!

As I said before in another thread.....just a keyboard warrior.....

Get back in your :stroller: and keep your :paci: in.

Big talk for a wanker with NO BALLS. :ct: Put the dick back in your mouth. You couldn't look any more Lame than you already do. By the way, the other riders here from the home of the motorcycle are getting a big laugh at what a twat you are. I'm surprised you know how to read or write at all, with a British education. :wank4az:

Big talk for a xxxxx with NO BALLS. Put the xxxx back in your mouth. You couldn't look any more Lame than you already do. By the way, the other riders here from the home of the motorcycle are getting a big laugh at what a xxxx you are. I'm surprised you know how to read or write at all, with a British education.

All people are laughing at matey, is your ignorance to your own safety. Blödes Arschloch

Always faithfull.... You.....Whatever....Again your foul language surpasses it-self and falls at the feet of irony.

This post is 5829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.