Doe's a new 'ace exhaust system exist?

Crazy L
This post is 3588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Just giving my Ace a good going over and one of my jobs was to get all the crud and surface rust off my exhaust system and give it a good spray to keep any more corrosion at bay. Having just stripped out the exup valve and given that a good decoke and polish, imagine my disheartenment when the wire attachment on my drill just uncoverded a 3mm hole in one of my downpipes.

So I wondered if anyone of you chaps knew if somewhere like racefit et al did new systems that kept the exup valve?

Failing that, i'll have to finish getting the worst off and see how much of it needs welding.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm imagining if they were so full of 'crud and surface rust' then a good chrome finish was not important, if not then why not just clean them all up, get any pin holes welded up and paint with UHT paint

I'm hoping to get them welded up this week as it happens. They didn't look that bad, but one downpipe was worse than the other 3, then holes appeared. I don't like my things looking crap, that's why the pipes were off, to give them a tarting up. Ended up with more work than i'd bargained for.

I may bite the bullet and get a set of the sandy ones, for as and when the OE part gets too fucked to be rescuable. For the price, it doesn't look bad, although I've heard stories of fitment issues, but then, you will always hear bad before good about anything.

Tried looking for Wiley Co, to no avail.

Just had the holes in my OE system welded up, so will paint the shit out of it and see how long it lasts, and have maybe a set of stainless sandys waiting in the wings, or from another UK manufacturer whom I've been in contact with.