Yamaha xt660x mod help

GT-0161
This post is 2527 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys new here previous KTM rider bow have an xt basically the bike is like new 9,000 miles i love the bike it came with aftermarket exhausts.

Question is is very choppy and snappy in the low range 20mph is a killer,

Also what is a cheaper alternative to a power commander? Heard they can mess up your bike?

The bike isn't fast at all believe this is standard

What is the lamba/02 sensor mod not mechanically gifted but competent any help/advise would. Be most welcomed thank you

Dan 4u7y2yqe.jpgyja9e3u4.jpg

KTMexc200

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, It's polite to say hello first before you ask a "how do I fix my bike " question !! Now I know you didn't know this and your not the first to do it so if you would be so kind as to do an "INTRO" in new members section just to say Hi and let us know your not a one hit wonder that would be appreciated. So finally Welcome to the YOC and hope you stick around as the more folks on here make it a much better place to be. :jossun:

Isn't there an airbox mod to stop the surge? I have always loved the look at these bikes but this issue and the lack of top end power has put me off buying one - so far.

I had ktm 4 stroke it was fantastic bike RFS engine strong motor,

Then swapped it for a 200 2stroke ktm yes it was fun but too loud and fast for trail riding its best to keep quiet in them there hills as we are persecuted in the peak park. Anyway im waffling now,

I intend to save up and get back into trail riding but at the mo cant afford one i have a herniated disk in my back but still rode hard over mountains with a sore back my passion is bikes bikes bikes

When i got the bike last week it ran lumpy and stalled a few times instantly quite embarrassing with such a heavy bike lol

The snorkel has been removed but has standard air filter i really cant afford a pcv at the mo thinking about the kev mod not sure i have signed up to the xt660.com forum but its being a pain and not letting me sign in ba5y9apy.jpg

Dan

KTMexc200

It is a common fault on them and I think that there is a cheap mod but the Power Commander seems to be popular albeit expensive. I used to see one around where I work with very noisy pipes. The guy used to just wheelie it everywhere.

It is a common fault on them and I think that there is a cheap mod but the Power Commander seems to be popular albeit expensive. I used to see one around where I work with very noisy pipes. The guy used to just wheelie it everywhere.

Probably because it only likes to be hammered probably lol

since i adjusted the co2 setting it seems more responsive and lifted off the clutch

KTMexc200

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dan I was admiring your bike today at Road & Racing

Oldschool meets new kid on the block

CopyofDSC00029_zps57898dac.jpg

bloody hell small world will have to meet up one day and i hope you wasn't laughing at my rim tape it was applied after a few beers with wheels on the bike resembles a 50p haha

Mods i have done

Kev fuel mod

Stage 1&2 dna filters

Spoke gaurdz

TPS

Still need to do the throttle mod

All in all the bike has improved with mods still surges a little but what can you expect from a big single cylinder i bloody love them :)a5ytyjy9.jpg3u3a6u6e.jpghy8a8y7a.jpg

Xt660x 04

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This post is 2 years old mate you might not get a reply, best to start a new topic right after you say "Hi" in the new members section. :D just sayin!